Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #1
sprehoda

TV Sound

Our surround sound only plays in the living room and bedroom together.

When one of us wants to watch the BR TV we were told that we needed to turn off surround sound and play all sound from the respective TV speakers.

The BR TV puts out sound OK but the living room TV will not.

I can play media files on the living room TV but get no sound from sat or over the air signals.

Does anyone have a suggestion or two that we can try to get sound from the LR TV.

Thanks in advance.

2014 38TKSB3 Elite #6742
2013 F-450 KR
Reese 25K Elite
sprehoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:22 AM   #2
golf_bears

Is there an A/B switch on the front of the receiver? If so, try different settings and see which combination works for your listening preference.

golf_bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:51 PM   #3
terry and jo

Being that you have one of the new models, if there is no A/B speaker switch on the receiver, check to see if there is a menu function to the receiver. It seems that I remember someone with a similar problem getting an answer that involved a menu in the receiver.

Otherwise, I'm no help as our 2010 has a separate A/B switch in the cabinet by the door.

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:52 PM   #4
Cummins12V98

On the stereo subject has anyone had their base quit working? I took ours to Best Buy and they said it was good. Any suggestions?

Thanks
2015 RAM LongHorn Dually Air ride Aisin 4:10's

2016 MS 39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:46 PM   #5
terry and jo

Cummins,

On our 2010, we have a Sony STR-DH500 model. I lost my sub-woofer some time back and got it back by using the A.F.D button to change to "Multi St" and it came back. If I remember right, I think I had even lost my back speakers at the same time, but I don't remember that for sure.

Point is, try different "settings" with different buttons on the receiver that may even slightly appear to be related to sound output.

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:48 PM   #6
Gemstone

Speaking of sub-woofers.....ours has been removed, anyone want/need it ? Catch me in Yuma in a month, gotta go early this year or anytime over the winter.

Regards
Gemstone
Old 07-27-2013, 02:36 PM   #7
MooseSuite

Speaker Selection 2014 Suites

You can select the speaker fields on your Sony AV remote bottom right toggle "sound field".
The sound system operation is covered in your manual.

If you turn GUI mode off on your remote , you can scroll and select visually on your tv set.

You can also manually adjust by using the control knobs on your tuner. The tuner will display the mode and speakers operating. ie L/C/R SW etc

Its pretty simple once you use the AV system. I found the Sony AV manual very easy to understand.
MooseSuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:14 PM   #8
MooseSuite

Playing Media Files Remotely 2014 Entertainment CTR

The blueray media player output ( 3 wires) is hooked into the input on the AVS board.

The 2 outputs on the board plug ins ( red white yellow) go tho set 2 (bedroom) and 3 (basement)

The blueray will pay on sets 2 and 3 by selecting AV mode on the "Source" button on the remotes for 2 and 3.

However the main TV cannot be playing to the same source mode if you want to view your blueray on sets 2 or 3.

For example if you have a satellite tuner hooked into input on the AVS board you can watch the programs on sets 2 and 3 as long as the "Sat/CATV" mode is not activated/in use on your main TV.

Your blueray is hooked in via an HDMI cable to the Sony AV system. You can add devices as per the 3 remaining empty designated HDMI slots on your tuner. ie Satellite

You must use AV cable ( 3 wire yellow, white red) from output on your devices to input on your AV board to view on set 2 or 3. The board has only room for one set of AV cable

I hope not to confuse you.

MooseSuite is offline   Reply With Quote