Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2017, 05:01 PM   #1
apipewriter

Angry DRV Mobile Suites Battery Disconnect switch off, but battery keeps draining.

I have a 2017 Mobile Suites fiver, and have noticed a strange problem.

We used the RV a couple of weeks ago, and only had 30-amp service. Plugged in using an adaptor, no problem all weekend. I turned off breakers to all of the AC's, the refrigerator and microwave, as we weren't using any of them and the weather was perfect.

Brought the unit back to storage, and in the process of buttoning it up for a couple of weeks, I noticed that the residential refer was on and cold! I had the breakers turned off, so just thought it was battery, although I don't think that full-size fridge is anything more than just AC current powered.

Anyway, I closed everything up and disconnected the battery by turning the Batt Disconn switch to "off". I think this is the correct position, as that turns off the lights on the outside, as well as shuts down power to my powered steps.

Came back today and the batteries are dead as a hammer. One of the cells needs a cup of distilled water, but other than that, the battery is new and fresh and in great shape, appearances-wise. I had to hook up to my tow vehicle to roll out the steps and have some lights inside. The refer, of course, is not on.

What am I missing here? I've had another DRV, and never had this issue. Thanks!

apipewriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:07 PM   #2
wingnut60
Site Team

I'm new to the res fridge scene, but you may have needed to turn the inverter off also...I believe it is connected direct to the batts and not thru the cutoff switch.
Yes, the fridge is only AC-powered, but the inverter takes over when not plugged in.

2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 06:59 AM   #3
hobo2

I went outside and unplugged my refrig on my DRV when I winterized it.
hobo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 08:45 AM   #4
porkchop

There is a on/off switch on the invertor control panel inside the cabinet with slide switches. Push it for 2 seconds and let go. All of the lights should go off. If not, you held it for too long. Try again. It will turn it's self back on next time you hook to shore power. Battery disconnect switch has nothing to do with invertor. Unplugging the frig will not stop the battery drain. You will still end up with dead batteries unless you shut off the invertor. Good luck

Bill
porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
30-amp service, batt disconn, battery, houston, storage