Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2017, 08:29 AM   #1
dmascheck

Manual for a 2006 King of the Road Royal Villa

Found a 2006 King of the Road Royal Villa that had been used only one time! It was bought and the owner died after using it only once and it was in storage.

The unit looks great and I got a good price for it.

I have a 90 year old mother we may be housing in it for a while, but once the wife retires, we plan on trying the RV experience and see if it fits us! If it does, we may trade up.

To the point, we are novices, and I have pulled cattle trailers and hay vans, but this takes it to a new level. I do have a friend with a trailer to help.

My question is the manual I got is so basic. I wish I could find something with schematics of everything or a repair manual. Is there such a thing? Also trying to figure everything out is going to be a chore. Our first outing will be very close to where we live so I can find out what works and does not.

I'm hoping someone online may have a similar unit!

The RV has been gone over by a local RV company and certified road worthy, but I think I'll get the wheel bearings repacked!

Everyone have a spare?

Sorry for the basic questions!

Thank you!

Dan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3711.JPG (114.3 KB, 2 views)

dmascheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:04 PM   #2
Stripit

Send a message via AIM to Stripit Send a message via MSN to Stripit Send a message via Yahoo to Stripit
What a find! I would strongly suggest replacing the tires as they are old and untrustworthy. Much cheaper to buy new quality tires now when you can shop prices as opposed to being stuck on the side of the road and having to pay the rate your going to be stuck with. Even if they look good to you, they are original and old and not safe. As far as manuals they always lacked any real information. They are basic info and you would probably be farther ahead to have your rv friend walk through the things and give some incite. Good luck on the new to you rig.

1991 Avanti Conv
Stripit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:12 PM   #3
dmascheck

King of the Road

The tires were changed last year. I assume I need a spare so I'm not stuck on side of the road.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:16 PM   #4
Stripit

Send a message via AIM to Stripit Send a message via MSN to Stripit Send a message via Yahoo to Stripit
Ok, tires replaced is good, do you own a good tire pressure gauge? How about a small 110 volt or 12 volt air compressor? You might want to investigate a Tire pressure monitor system if you decide to actually start traveling some and use you new trailer. Yes a spare tire & wheel can help when and if you need one. Did you look up under the rear of the trailer to make sure you don't have one hanging up under there? Since you have trailer towing experiance you already know to make wide right turns as the trailer will cheat the corner and cut in and if your not careful you can hit things.
1991 Avanti Conv
Old 09-14-2017, 04:56 AM   #5
dmascheck

I appreciate the info. I have a tool box o my truck for work and doing chores at my 90 year old mother's house. I always carry a good air compressor and a high dollar battery pack for boosting off tractors and I do have jumper cables I carry, but rarely use them with the battery pack.

A tire monitoring system is interesting. I wonder what a good one costs?

I wonder if someone has a check list of items for first timers? Also one for trips.

I never thought about a spare under the trailer and once I get it I need to crawl underneath.

What kind of jack do you use for the trailer for a blow out. I noticed a simple unit called Rapid Jack. Any ideas if it's worth it, or just get a hydraulic bottle jack?
Old 09-14-2017, 08:31 AM   #6
Stripit

A tire monitoring system for 10 tires is about $500, tells you air pressure and tempreture inside the tire. That is assuming you have a dual tire set up on the truck, if you only need 8 monitors about $400. I carry a bottle jack for that if I need to jack up the trailer. I also carry a torque wrench. I have a small set of tools, volt meter, a electric screw driver and a roll of Gorilla tape. A bag of zip ties, large and a can of spray lube. These things can help me out of most jambs till we can actually find a place to fix up the problems. I'm sure others have their own assorment of goodies to help if the need arises. You never know what will stop working or decide to give you trouble when your supposed to be out having fun.
1991 Avanti Conv
Old 09-14-2017, 03:44 PM   #7
wingnut60
Site Team

Ditto on all that Stripit has said.
A bottle jack that will fit under the spring mount plate is a good jack to get a wheel off the ground, just be sure it is placed on the mount and not the axle. Floor jacks work as well, just are heavier and take up more room. Since you won't be towing it for some time, you'll figure out what other tools may be helpful.
No helpful service manuals that I know of--get the model number of the appliances and look them up on the internet for info/service.
What a find!! That was a great trailer in its day.
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 05:39 AM   #8
dmascheck

I carry most of the things you mentioned in my tool box. The lube I carry WD 40 all the time in the truck. Is there something you like better?

I have tire monitors on my new truck and would only need them for the trailer.

I bought a new Chevy High Country Diesel 3/4 ton. Added a 60 gallon external fuel tank, hitches of course and got air bags installed to level the load! The 440 Hp and 900 Ft lbs of torque is excellent for pulling a tailer.
Old 09-15-2017, 05:43 AM   #9
dmascheck

I bought it for under $18,000. I figured if it's not my Wife and my thing, I can always sell it! It still has the protective plastic on the floor entrance. I need to do some cleaning/waxing on the front!

I was worried if I did the right thing, but it just seemed to good an trailer to pass up!

It has a closet set up for a stackable washer and dryer, so that will be my next purchase I guess!

Thank you!