Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2018, 07:16 PM   #1
fjr vfr

Back up cameras

Has anyone used one of these? How well did they work? What about reception?

Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/SVTCAM-Wirele...GJZSHBTH8S33K7

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Wate...+camera+iphone

fjr vfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 09:49 PM   #2
SrFox

Following. I too am interested to see if they work and where you get power from at the back of the 5th wheel.

SrFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 06:50 AM   #3
Canuck_Dave

I use the NuCam WR Water Resistant Outdoor 720p HD Portable Wireless Rear View AP Camera available on Amazon.

It is an IP based setup, using any android or IOS terminal to view the camera output. Nice thing about this setup is no additional wiring required to use it. The battery when fully charged will last 7-8 hours. The unit comes with a 5VDC hardwire kit as well. The range is awesome there are several YouTube videos available that demo the range and features.

The really nice thing about this unit is the flexibility of use. I added a suction cup kit and install in the rear window of the 5TH to monitor traffic behind me when travelling as well as a backup cam. When camping I use it as a security camera either live monitor on my cell when out and about the campground or in video record mode to the onboard microSD card or phone memory.

The only issue I have noticed in 2 years of use is when first connecting there is some latency (2 seconds or so) in the display image but once the camera and terminal are in sync it is near real time.

IF you have any questions about my setup or use shoot me a private message and I will try to answer.
Canuck_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 08:45 AM   #4
Dave A

Thumbs up More than just backing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrFox View Post
Following. I too am interested to see if they work and where you get power from at the back of the 5th wheel.
I haven't used either of the camera's mentioned, I've got a Furrion Observation camera instead and it's connected to the tail lights of the RV, it's a 5th wheel. I drive with my lights on and the camera is active so I can keep an eye out for vehicles up close behind me and comes in real handy when passing so you can see if you've cleared the vehicle you are passing.
Dave A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 11:35 AM   #5
Hooter56

I've experimented with a few wireless cameras. Currently, I'm using one from Tadi Brothers. Sitting still, the picture and reception are great. As soon as I start moving though, it tends to break up, and sometimes lose the signal altogether. I
We have a fairly short 5th wheel (Winnie 25RKS), yet I feel like I should hardwire it, or get an extension for the antenna.
I also have one from Yada that I use in my truck camper.
Hooter56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 05:53 PM   #6
BruceL

I too have a wireless system from Tadi and the same results. Works good until I go down the road and then the signal comes and goes all the time. I would not buy another.
BruceL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:54 AM   #7
Canuck_Dave

Use a NuCam WR Water Resistant Outdoor 720p HD Portable Wireless Rear View AP Camera Magnetic Base. IP based with awesome range and reliability. I added a suction cup base to make it more useable in the 5TH.

You can look it up on YouTube or Amazon. Happy to answer any question via PM.