Old 12-21-2017, 04:43 PM   #11
Mtntrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notanlines View Post
Mtntrek, we haven't seen a 240 dryer in an RV since the old Tiffins back in the day. What units do you have in your Montana?
Oops, Montana (location) is where we spent the majority of the Summer. Forgot to update the profile as we headed south. I frequent several forums and forget those items.
The units are Ariston Spendide which I believe is an Italian company. That didn't thrill me a first, having grown up around a couple Fiats and Alfas, sigh!
But I have to say the equipment is / has done well so far despite my DWs attempting to overload them at every turn. They've been used allot, dog beds, throw rugs, comforters, . Not having kept a spreadsheet or anything, I guess at CG laundry price$ they've paid for themselves in 18+ months.
BTW: I lived in Germantown TN in my youth. Memphis was
an old stomping ground, seems a world away now.
Be well!

DRV Suites ES-38RSSA #9679
GM Denali 3500HD-Max 4x, CC, 8' DRW
EZGo-txt, Yamaha-G22E
Mtntrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 07:32 PM   #12
merlinhomeauto

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmascheck View Post
Been looking at the tower online. Looks like a good choice and fairly good reviews!

I can do the wiring and have wired large control panels for three phase. I thought the hook ups at the parks were 240 volt. All 240 is, is two 120 hot legs. So all parks are 120 volt only. Sure seems it would be better having 240, less amps and a cost savings.

Oh well thanks for the info! I have a lot to learn on being a first time RVer!GRIN
You need to buy a volt meter and check what you are saying. I have wired a few campgrounds and all the Peds are feed with 220 volts as the 50 amp outlet. The 50 amp outlet is the same as an electric range outlet.

Old 12-22-2017, 05:30 AM   #13
Notanlines

I stopped at two RV dealers yesterday in Fort Myers, both carrying Ariston Spendide and both of them said that the dryer was not a 240 volt unit. The salesman at North Trail said they were all 120 volt. I can't get DW to wrap her head around another 120 volt dryer in an RV. We put Splendide stackable in our Raptor when it was new and we sold them the first trip out. Installed a dishwasher instead. Our 38rssa has the laundry section off the bathroom, but I installed white shelving.
Notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 06:06 AM   #14
dmascheck

I appreciate the help. Seems from the info read we'll go with Whirlpool. They seem to have good reviews. I really hate cutting a hole for a vent and know they have vent less, but I'm unsure I want to go that route. Everything is set up in the closet for a pair. It has the drain and 120 outlet in the closet but no vent. I need to look again!
dmascheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 06:27 AM   #15
dmascheck

We lived in Memphis for 10 years in Bartlett. Loved the area, but the town has changed and not for the better! We still have many friends there, but are glad to be back home in Texas for over 30 years now. Miss the short distance to go to Missouri or Kentucky and Mississippi. (GRIN)

I'm thinking about Whirlpool from the reviews I've read. We have a closet that is about 24" that is set up for a washer and dryer that are stackable. Has plumbing and electricity, but I don't see a vent for the dryer. I Know there are vent less dryers, but I'm unsure about them and I hate to cut a hole in my trailer for a vent!
Old 12-22-2017, 08:22 AM   #16
Notanlines

There probably aren't many towns (cities) that have actually changed for the better to those of us who may be over the age of 60. I've lived in Minneapolis, San Diego, Washington, DC, and Memphis (Germantown). I'll take my old hometown of back in the early 60's of Rice Lake, Wisconsin any day. If they could just do something about their snow.....
On to a more serious note. Think very, very carefully about buying a non-venting dryer. Keep in mind that that moisture has only two places it can go. The first is vented to the exterior of your RV and the second is vented to the interior of your RV.
Installing an exterior vent can be a very simple procedure, probably many videos on youtube or the like. I simply wouldn't suggest venting in an RV.
Harley Roadking & sidecar
Old 12-22-2017, 09:33 AM   #17
dmascheck

I assume your fifth wheel has the vent? I need to recheck mine.
Old 12-22-2017, 01:34 PM   #18
Notanlines

Nope, not on this one. Not even a nice sticker that would tell where it should go. But I did come across about six videos on youtube to help you out.
Old 12-22-2017, 01:57 PM   #19
dmascheck

I’ll check You Tube and see what’s there. Didn’t even think about it. If I knew what’s behind the wall I would not mind.

What topic did you look under? Dryer installation?
Old 12-22-2017, 04:54 PM   #20
Notanlines

This should give you a good starting place. Search the right column also for associated videos.