Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2017, 07:14 AM   #1
SilvrT

What does your "stuff" weigh?

Duplicating this from the "Intro" forum ...

I'm retiring in July (wife is already retired) and we're planning on becoming full-time RVers for a couple years at least. Plan to travel to East coast Canada, then down to Florida, back across to New Mexico, maybe the Baja, and back here for the required 6 months and away we will go again.

Have done a lot of research on this topic and we've settled on a truck / 5th wheel setup for our travels. Got the truck ('03 Ford F350 V10) already set up for a 5th wheel. Now we're narrowing down what 5th wheel we want.

Currently looking at 2 units of the same make and year. One is a "light" version, the other a standard. The light version is 31.5 ft and has a GVWR of 9995 Lbs with a ccc of 2500. The standard is 33.5 ft and 12300 GVWR (appx) with ccc of 3500.

I've calculated out the available ccc for our "stuff" after factoring in the holding tanks weight when full and what "stuff" we'll carry in the truck.

The light model will leave us with appx 1250 lbs for our stuff and the standard model will be appx 1900 lbs.

So, I'm a bit "on the fence" between the two of them coz I just don't know what "stuff" weighs.

Hoping folks here can shed some light on this for me.

What does your "stuff" weigh (clothes, bedding, dishes, pots 'n pans, cutlery, food, miscellaneous items, etc)

A bit undecided which way to go at this time...
SilvrT is offline   Reply With Quote