Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2005, 06:11 PM   #1
calliopeguy

How do we show pictures?

I would like to know what it takes to post pictures, especially in the individual manufacturer sites. As modifications are done, or potential problem areas, etc. it would be nice to have a photo to show the rest of us. If that info already exists, please pardon my stupidity and please point me to it.
Thanks
Ken

Compass 31KS3
Semper Fi
W0CSC

Alumascape 31SKT
Semper Fi
W0CSC
calliopeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 10:21 AM   #2
Rusty

First what you need to do is upload them to a "Host" site, meaning a website that you can post them on the Internet, there are several free host sites out there, I use Snapfish (www.snapfish.com)

Then what you need to do is right click on the image after you upload it to the host site, then select "properties at the bottom of the list/selection, select the "Properties" option, now you will get a box that pops up with all the information on the file itself (as shown below), highlite the filename as I have done, right click on the highlited section and right click again (do not click on anything until after this next action), and after right clicking on the file name choose "Copy".

Now go back to your reply box here on the forum, choose the option that is just up to the right of the reply box that you are typing in, there is a button named "Img", click that once, then you are going to get something that will look like [img], right click just after that symbol and select "Paste", what you are going to get is the filename that you previously have copied, it will look somewhat like this: h t t p: //images.snapfish.com/34243%3B8323232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D479%3D%3B38 %3DXROQDF%3E232363%3A863%3B46ot1lsi.

Then what you need to do is select the [img] again, that will close the tag so to speak.

And voila, there you have it.......

Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 01:11 PM   #3
Rusty

Okay Admin, why isn't it showing my pictures?

Is there a size limitation?
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 01:21 PM   #4
5thwheeler

When posting a topic you can attach an image to it prior to submiting the post. The image will then be uploaded to our host into the database
5thwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 07:08 AM   #5
calliopeguy

Wow! It doesn't get any easier than this!

I just added a picture of a coat rack I added to my Alumascape 31SKT (See Holiday Rambler section). Adding pictures is probably as simple as its going to get. This site is awesome.

Edit: Well...it really didn't turn out like I thought. After looking at this site from several different computers the photo is only available to me from my computer but it looks like it got attached for public view. Looks like you still have to find a host network site to upload your picture to.

Edit again: Well wrong again! TOYHAULER finally got me straightened out. I just have to make sure that I log into whatever computer I'm working on. The pictures are available if you just make sure you are logged in first.
Ken
Compass 31KS3
Semper Fi
W0CSC

Alumascape 31SKT
Semper Fi
W0CSC
calliopeguy is offline   Reply With Quote