Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2018, 11:26 AM   #1
Kevwiggs89

Trouble finding info on older fifth wheel

My wife and i have a a 1991 holiday rambler aluma-lite xl fifth wheel trailer. We just spent all night scouring the internet just trying to find information on it and just doesn't seem to exist. Holiday rambler said they only make motorhomes and they no longer have information on trailers. After broadening the keywords ive found puctures of the free spirit model which looks exavtly what we have but ours says aluma-lite xl all over it. I was hoping someone here would be able to help me out with any kind of info. My wife even went so far as to pay for a vin lookup and it says it does not exist. Not entirely sure we got the right number but it was on a plaque on the fifth wheel so i assume it is. Id appreciate any and all help

Kevwiggs89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 12:21 PM   #2
Notanlines

Kevin, I don't rally have any news that you are looking for, just a comment or two. Your unit is pushing 30 years old so you are certainly in the correct profession to help handle what comes up. This was a quality unit when it was new, probably had not much of an owner's manual then and there certainly is none right now. Shoot, where isn't much of a manual for a new Holiday Rambler anything.
Your best bet is to join a couple forums similar to this one. Don't worry that you don't have the brand they talk about. Most of these units are built with the same or similar parts.
Ask away about any situation you may have. There is a lot of experience on this site.
And, welcome to the forum.

Harley Road King & sidecar
Notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 06:31 PM   #3
Kevwiggs89

Yeah I just fixed a bunch of pipes cuz my sister in law never winterized it, thankfully i know all that stuff and thank god for sharkbites, we have a manual but it seems rather generic, no schematics or diagrams, and its falling apart, had i known it was so hard to find info i wouldve made videos of what i did to post, but still some more stuff to fix and plan to rip out thw two single beds(how dumb) in the bedroom and Make a frame for a queen or something so maybe ill maj9r sombre videos and records
Kevwiggs89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:56 AM   #4
wingnut60
Site Team

I once owned an HR Aluma-Lite 20'--probably was about the same age, but a TT. Pretty well made, the claim to fame was the aluminum framing over all the wooden ones of the times.
Should be a HR owners forum on the internet--searched for that yet?

Looked here yet?
http://www.irv2.com/forums/groups/39...ners+club.html

Joe
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote