Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2019, 05:39 PM   #21
Txtower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notanlines View Post
Tom, I've looked at the Texas dealers in your area for the Cameo and only two things stand out. First, there is no man-cave in this unit that I could see. I did see in one of the Cameo's a "second bedroom, suitable for children." Secondly, I tried to verify that this particular unit had two air conditioners and I could not. You will NOT be happy with this RV in Texas with one AC. Candidly, you may not be happy with only two in the Texas sun. 42 feet is a lot to cool with a bare minimum of insulation in the ceiling. Experienced RV'ers will back me up on this. You will need at LEAST two 15K to do the job.
I was not finding it either on the internet. Sadly I find the Internet hit or mess and not entirely accurate most of the time. Usually I have to place a phone call or actually go visit. We actually visited this time and it had that “man cave“ so to speak, two air-conditioners and other items I have been looking for.

Txtower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 05:41 PM   #22
Txtower

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamm2018road warrior 427 View Post
We traded our 2006 Laredo in and got the same 5K for it. Thought about a private sell then thought the hassle of parking, advertisement, showing it. Just for an extra $1000 - $1500 I thought it was not worth the problems.

Think about this: If you are camping 200 miles from home and somebody calls wants to see the unit today, do you drive home or risk letting the sell go because you did not want to leave the campground and they would not wait on you to be there at the end of the weekend. Remember the customer is always right.
Good point. I was actually thinking about it and not selling it. Just giving it to my son to ultimately use in his endeavors. At the end of the day $5000 isn’t going to make much of a dent in a camper sale, LOL.

Old 01-27-2019, 05:42 PM   #23
Txtower

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsr View Post
When we sold our previous 5er we did private sale and sold it for WAY more than any dealer offered. We bought a gently used high end full time rated rig for a fraction of the cost of a similar new one.
Might be better off to spend that 48k on a used real Cameo made by Carriage. They made great rigs, well built with lovely finishes. Have not done any research on the one you mentioned but we did cross Crossroads off our list early due to reading about poor build quality.
We are in TX also and can say 2 ACs will struggle on a rig not well insulated. 3AC in TX would be better.
Definitely 2 ACs are a must. We are still researching..
Old 01-27-2019, 06:50 PM   #24
Dianeclem

Have you considered a Redwood fifth wheel? High quality and very well appointed.

Dianeclem is offline   Reply With Quote