Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   5thWheelForums.com > 5th Wheel Brand Forums > DRV | Formerly Doubletree
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2012, 09:20 AM   #1
dalehandsome

New 2014 Model Year

Up to 2009, I believe that DRV model years pretty much followed the calendar year. We purchased our unit in December of 2009 and picked it up March of 2010 and it was a 2010. However, In April or May of 2010 they started delivering 2011 units which I think was the start of the new model year trend of producing units that appeared to be newer than they actually were. Now magically, you can order a DRV in November or December of 2012 and three months later receive a 2014. WOW! what happened to 2013. I’m sure that this is a marketing scheme to help boost the bottom line of DRV and its dealers but I wonder what it does to the value of the units of 6000+ owners whose units just aged 1+ additional year in terms of model years. Our 2010 is not yet 3 years old, however, in model years, it is now over 4 years old. Probably not a good thing when it comes to depreciation!! I also find it fascinating that on the DRV web site they still show a 2012 brochure. Not only has this move prematurely aged our units it has also aged their web site. Just decided to do a little ranting this morning. Life goes on and is still beautiful. The silver lining is that my DRV is aging faster than I am.
dalehandsome is offline   Reply With Quote