Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2009, 01:07 PM   #1
wwc

Fluorescent lights

One of my bedroom fluorescent lights has quit working. Put in new bulbs, but did not help. Can someone tell me the website where I can purchase another light fixture that will match.
thanks
wwc
2006 MS 36TK3
PS I took light fixture down and all wires appear to be secure. I did notice that DRV used l4 screws to hold the fixture to the ceiling. Now I realize why the things cost so much. LOL

wwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 01:25 PM   #2
golf_bears

Did you check w/ a volt meter if any power is getting to the fixture?

golf_bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 01:54 PM   #3
wwc

fluorescent lights

Well I did check the voltage, but more like a shade tree mechanic, rather than someone who knows what they are doing. I was trying to hold the fixture and the volt meter and place the probes on the wires. It looked like I was getting a reading of 24.8. I just checked the battery and it was l3.8 so it was ok. Basicly I just decided that I was not sure what the reading was, but that I did have electicity to the lamp.
wwc
2006 MS 36TK3
Old 08-29-2009, 02:14 PM   #4
wwc

fluorescent lights

Duh-- I just looked in the light fixture and got the supplier name.
Thanks
wwc
Old 08-29-2009, 03:46 PM   #5
rdunk

I assume that you did check the off-on switch on the end of the fixture?? Sometimes those can get unintentionally switched

Robert and Carlene

2005 RE3, S/N 2107 (sold Jan. 2010)
rdunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:58 PM   #6
wwc

fluorescent lights

Hi Robert,
Yes I have checked the switch, at least turning it on and off. Like I posted earlier, I put a volt meter on the wires and there was electricity coming to the fixture. Now I did not have enough hands, so I am not l00 percent sure if it is the right amount of electrical current is getting to the fixture, but I am satisfied that there is electrical current. I even took bulbs out of another fixture, just to make sure it was not a bulb problem.
Rght now I believe something is wrong with the fixture. Also like I posted earlier, I checked all wire connections and they were fine.
wwc
2006 MS TK3
PS Hey Robert, (unless my brain has failed me again) we met in 07 in Texas at BlueBonnet RV Park. I think you were headed to a rally in MO.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:56 AM   #7
rdunk

wwc, I am sure you are right about us meeting at the Bluebonnet, because we have stayed there some each year since 2006. But I don't recognize you just by the "wwc". We have met several "Suiters" at Bluebonnet since we started RV'ing!

Robert and Carlene

2005 RE3, S/N 2107 (sold Jan. 2010)
rdunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:10 PM   #8
Dick D

You do know that if one of the bulbs goes bad, that neither one of them will light up.
The fixtures seldom go bad as they operate on 12 volt and do not have ballasts to go bad.
I would replace the bulbs out of a known good fixture before I decided to replace the fixture as they are rather expensive.

And our mini Greyhound, Shalamar
Dick D is offline   Reply With Quote