Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2006, 07:04 PM   #1
pauls^lady

financing an 06 Mobile Suites

I do all my banking - personal and business with a particular CA bank. I requested information on obtaining a loan for an 06 Mobile Suites RS3. The term was 12 years and the rate was 9.25 - 10.25%! Can this be right? Is there a better place to check rates if one has good credit?

Pamela

pauls^lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:45 PM   #2
rverdlm

We got our loan through our dealer at under 6%. Talk to your dealer and see what they can do. Also search the I-net.

2005 Mobile Suites 38RL3 #2338
MorRyde IS 8K axles, LazyBoy recliners, LCD tv
Full time since '96
rverdlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:56 PM   #3
PeterW

Here's a link to a website advertising "as low as" 6.75% for a 3 year loan. I haven't used them so I can't say good or bad about them.

https://www.fun-loan.com/rv_applicat...protection.net

Dave, I know you've had your MS for a while...did you just get financing or was it over a year ago? 6% is a great rate today, as rates have been going up pretty steadily in the past year or so.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:05 PM   #4
rdunk

Try Bank of America!

Robert and Carlene

2005 RE3, S/N 2107 (sold Jan. 2010)
rdunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:19 PM   #5
funke1

State Farm Bank offers a 15 year loan--last I checked 7.25%

Soon pullin a 07 Elite Suite--now pullin a 00 MountainAire
03 FL-60 pullin a 07 Elite Suite 36 TK3 #3293 with the Mercedes Smart Car for touring
funke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 06:44 AM   #6
osiebosie

I do MAJOR banking with U S Bank, so they refinanced our MS at 6% for six years. But that was in February of this year, and rates have gone up some. We were originally financed through the dealer, but this was a much better rate. And it'll be paid for in six years, rather than 15. I would be glad to give you my loan officer's name and number if you wish to email me at temple1017@aol.com.

Sharon
SOITC Charter Member #2211
2005 36TK3 Mobile Suites
2005 Chevy Silverado Diesel 3500 1-ton dually Allison Transmission
2 gorgeous dogs: Katie Mae and Broadway

and now... A Handsome New Grandson, Temple, born 3/26/2007 and weighing in at 9 lbs 10 ozs!!
osiebosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:57 AM   #7
dave007

Just financed a Suite at 6.99 for 15 years from US Bank. Of course I plan on paying it off much sooner than that, but it keeps the payment low when I'm in a crunch...

What I didn't realize was how these banks will negotiate. If you go to them with a cheaper rate, most likely they will match or beat it... I would do some shopping around...
Old 06-22-2006, 08:13 AM   #8
impumalanga

Financing

Look in other directions when searching for financing....

as parents of Marines, we were eligible to open a savings account ($5 minimum balance) with a credit union for the military, within 24 hours we have a check. Our dealer offered an excellent rate, but we were able to beat it.

Good luck and congrats on your new Suite!
impumalanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:33 AM   #9
hitchup

As anything, it depends on your credit score, what % you'll be charged. We also went through a Credit Union (on both RV's) & got our loan for 15 years. But we also put 10% down. That kept the payments lower, so we can pay off sooner if we want to save even more $'s.

There are plenty of places that offer loans that you can apply for online. So shop around & get the best rate. It also depends on your state of residence.
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:39 PM   #10
akline

We went through our local credit union and got 5.5% for 5 years. We got this rate the end of May. I had checked with a few on line places and at that time they were around 6.9% for 15 years. Be sure to make sure there is no prepayment penalty, some of the lower ones had that stipulation rvbanker.com was one.
akline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:42 PM   #11
bettyj

Try Bank of the West
SOITC Charter Members #2686
Mobile Suites 36 Ft TK3
Ford 350 Lariat Superduty CC Dually Diesel 6.0L
Alabama Dutch Oven Society
https://www.alabamadog.com
bettyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:58 PM   #12
rverdlm

Peter, that was mid July '06. Actually my point was that a good dealer can beat most if he tries. At that time the best I could find was 6.5% and most were at 7% even though they all advertised around 5%. Our credit was perfect, but that low rate was only if you were 30 years old, had a house, and make $300K. I'm sure you get my point. Doing it through the dealer was also so easy. We walked into the office at 3:15 and at 4 the RV was parked in the RV park next to our old unit and ready for moving. What a deal!!!
2005 Mobile Suites 38RL3 #2338
MorRyde IS 8K axles, LazyBoy recliners, LCD tv
Full time since '96
rverdlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:48 PM   #13
PeterW

Dave, good point. Sometimes too many of us think the dealer's financing arm is there to rake us over the coals...some do offer good terms. Like many other things financial, just compare apples to apples and go from there.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:00 AM   #14
CampingCaptain

Send a message via AIM to CampingCaptain Send a message via Yahoo to CampingCaptain
Thought I'd list our plans in case it might help someone else who may be in our situation. We plan to basically pay cash for our MS and TV. As we will be retiring in 07, we plan to take out a revolving line of credit based on the value of our house (which is nearly paid off). You need to do this before you stop working as more than likely your income will drop when you retire and the amount of money the banks will advance to you is based on debt to income. There is no charge for a revolving line of credit until you actually use it.

Next summer, we plan to tour several RV factories to help us make our final decision. There will have to be a major eye opener to get us to change our minds on a MS. Anway, after we get back home, we plan to order our 5W and TV and then put the house up for sale. We will already have access to most of the proceeds from the sale since we will have applied for the line of credit. This will allow us to make the best deal possible as cash does still talk in this country. Then when the house sells, we'll pay off the balance of the line of credit, bank/invest the balance and go full-time at that point. We can't wait.

Anyway, that is our plan. Anyone have any thoughts, for or against?
Vietnam Era Veteran
Proud parents of a US Marine
Retiring in 2007 and planning to go full-time
CampingCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:02 PM   #15
akline

Camping Captain-the only downside that I have seen on equity loans is that the rates seem to be higher and some places charge to initially get the loan, ie. closing costs. I had looked into lines of credit but at the time my bank was quoting around 7.5% and I would have to pay for an appraisal and closing costs. That is why I joined a credit union.

You may have a better bank source, if you can get a good rate with no closing and no prepayment penalty-go for it!

Anne
akline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:15 PM   #16
CampingCaptain

Send a message via AIM to CampingCaptain Send a message via Yahoo to CampingCaptain
Quote:
Originally Posted by akline
You may have a better bank source, if you can get a good rate with no closing and no prepayment penalty-go for it!

Anne
Anne,
I guess it does help to have a wife who works for the bank. One of the few benefits they have left.
Vietnam Era Veteran
Proud parents of a US Marine
Retiring in 2007 and planning to go full-time
CampingCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:48 PM   #17
guardrail22

financing an 06 Mobile Suites

I still have 6 yrs to work but we are doing it now. The truck is an F450, the trailer is a Carriage 36XTRM5.

Finaincing should be getting cheaper becasue the rates are more closely tied to the rates being lowered by the fed to ward off the recession.

I'm going to shop it with M&T, BoA, BOTW, Essex etc. M&T has done two for us but they originally refused our current unit unitl I reminded them we were a customer. Cust service is largely a forgoten art.

towing a 2005 Pilgrim 306RL-SS w/Hensly Arrow

https://www.f150online.com/galleries/....cfm?num=15052

Traded: 2003 Ford F250 CCLB 4x2 XLT

https://www.f150online.com/galleries/...w.cfm?num=3016
guardrail22 is offline   Reply With Quote