Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2008, 06:56 PM   #1
JBoldennew

New Rear Entertainment Model

Has anyone out there purchased and taken delivery of the new rear entertainment model 36RE3? I mean the one with the pop-up 40" TV and a rear window?

According to Kyle at the DT factory (and yes, I KNOW how Kyle can be and his sense of humor), I am the first commercial customer of this model.

While not sure I like being the beta tester, I am very excited and really look forward to getting the unit. We saw Kyle at the Louisville show and saw the drawings and immediately put a deposit with Mike from Customer's First RV in Memphis, indiana. Then last Monday, Feb 25 we fianalized our order with Kyle just as the unit entered production.

We are going to the factory Wed to see the unit for the 1st time. Kyle says he has a surprise for us. We should take delivery of the unit the end of this month (march).

Right now we are living full time in a Jayco Eagle TT (a true summer time trailer) in 12 ~ 17 degree nights and 20+ degree days. We've managed to stay warm and alive, so please no complaints about camping (read, "living") in cold weather.

BTW, we are in Springfield, Ohio ... just outside of Dayton.

I will try to answer any questions anyone might have about this new model and will report with a VIN # after or 2nd trip to the factory on Wed. (Just so you all know I ain't an imposter or poser. :P )

I will also say Hi to Dan and pass on all the well wishes as he is now back at work on a half day schedule.

See ya down the road!

2003 Dodge 3500 HD 4:10
Waiting to retire again!
JBoldennew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:50 PM   #2
RGordon

The way my luck runs, that disappearing TV would stay hidden every time I wanted to see something. I ordered mine with a full width sofa bed that comes in the Elite Suites and takes all the rear space. Good luck on your new purchase and know from my experiences on ordering, it feels like it takes forever. I enjoyed working with and meeting Dan from Doubletree during my buying experience. I didn't get to go to factory, but he came to RV show in Memphis.

2007 Mobile Suite 38RL3 #3698
RGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 05:31 AM   #3
golf_bears

John & Bea,

Congratulations on your purchase, sounds like a great unit. Noticed in your post that you will be at the factory Wed. (tomorrow), we will also be there to look at our unit MS 36TK3 going through production. Hope we get a chance to meet you folks. Take care and safe travels.

Barb & Roland
golf_bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 03:32 PM   #4
JBoldennew

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf_bears
we will also be there to look at our unit MS 36TK3 going through production. Hope we get a chance to meet you folks. Take care and safe travels.

Barb & Roland
Looking at the weather, we may both have fun making the trip tomorrow.
Waiting to retire again!
Old 03-06-2008, 04:22 PM   #5
JBoldennew

Well, we made the factory, even tho Mom Nature tried her best to keep us away. It was a 4.5 hour pure white knuckle (shud've been 3 hr) drive over pure ice and packed snow.

Got to see our unit right at the end of the production line prior to going into paint. It was both fun nd nerve racking as I got to see all the QC markings on the unit and even make a few observations of my own.

Don't construe this as criticism as these checks are normal and anyone who toured the factory saw these marks on units as they progress on the floor. Even after it comes back from paint it will go through an in-depth QC known as a PDI.

Met Barb and Roland as they got to see their unit just starting. Maybe they will go back this coming Monday to se their completed unit also. Funny how simular we who buy these fivers are. (Other than most own computers that can spell unlike my laptop.) We are both engineers, bot chose a 36' unt fr the same reasons and both traded a custom Ford E150 van for our trucks .... Go figure!

Sorry to digress ...back to the unit. After spending a very long time going over the unit, we left and a nagging thought kept worryng in my mind. Finally, 30 plus minutes down the road, I remembered ..... I meant to take pictures with my Blackberry to post here. <sigh> I have old timers disease . CRS!

Now we'll have to wait until the end of the month before can get pics.

Drive home was uneventful other than than wanting it to be the end of the month and wishing I was pulling the trailer on the way home.

John and Bea
Waiting to retire again!
Old 03-07-2008, 02:17 PM   #6
golf_bears

Hi Bea & John,

It was great meeting you guys at the factory. Both Barb and I think you will have a great looking RV. Like you say, all those red marks on the outside and red tape hanging inside leave you wondering but it’s their way of making sure things needing repair, that we may not see, get fixed before the unit leaves the factory for painting.
We were quite excited about seeing our unit in the production line. We’ve been at this project for over three years now. Not sure if we are going back on Monday, Barb has a tendency to want to change things too often, I can’t afford it any more, social security check just doesn’t cover it, LOL!!

You guys take care and safe travels.

Barb & Roland

golf_bears is offline   Reply With Quote