Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2009, 10:48 AM   #1
BobW

Coffee maker recall

Not sure how many know about this recall. We have this Black and Decker coffee maker that came in our RV. Check the link to see if your maker is here.

http://www.acprecall.com/pr8.pdf

2007 M2 Freightliner
2005 Wrangler
In a land of the blind, the one eyed guy is king.
BobW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:34 PM   #2
GlennWest

We tossed that thing as soon as we got ours. No serious coffee lover could ever have one of those in his home.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:30 PM   #3
Gemstone

"No serious coffee lover could ever have one of those in his home"....that's how we felt as we were tossing ours in the trash....what an engineering marvel that piece of work was. Our counter top coffee maker rides in the sink as we travel.

Regards
Gemstone
Old 07-06-2009, 06:32 PM   #4
BobW

Black and Decker, what do you expect? What did yo replace it with? Remember, it goes in the cabinet.
2007 M2 Freightliner
2005 Wrangler
Old 07-06-2009, 08:05 PM   #5
Gemstone

A Cuisinart coffeemaker sits on our counter top, in the corner by the stove. The cabinet space vacated by that B&D coffeemaker now holds the Vita-Mix, along with the toaster, veggie steamer, cookie jar, tea pot, Cuisinart Mini-Prep, coffee bean grinder, coffee beans, whew, I think it's full now. After multiple leaks by that B&D piece of junk, the wood cabinet bottom was looking rather worn, so I cut to fit, a white plastic lens meant for a 2x4 florescent light and placed it in the bottom of the cabinet, which gave it a nice fresh look.

Regards
Gemstone
Old 07-20-2009, 10:00 PM   #6
mcfarlak

Recall

Thank you, My wife was burned severly in February while wintering in Ft. Myers Fl. She has gone through many weeks of healing. We had no idea that this was a problem. She was burned on her hand and forearm and stomach. We spent over 10 hours at the Lee Memorial Hosp. in Ft. Myers and many more weeks of hydro therpy. It is important that people stop using this coffee maker immediately. My wife has said from the first second that she did nothing wrong. It is ashame people have to suffer from poor quality.

Cordially,
Ken & Nell McFarlane
Virginia Beach Va, Ft. Myers Fl
mcfarlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:03 PM   #7
layne

We ordered a Contour--the kind that they are putting in the new suites. We like it just fine, it's similar to the B&D. I didn't know there was a recall on them, it just got to where it wasn't working very well--taking too long to make coffee, if at all.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:13 PM   #8
cucampn

can't get the website to work. do you have another link?
Thanks.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:45 AM   #9
Jack in Alaska

I like our B&D coffee maker. Works great so far. But I am open to a better one if it hangs from the cabinet. I am not a "coffee snob", I just want it made in the morning when I wake up and the B&D does that.
What is the Contour??? Who makes it???

Start Out Each Day Real Easy.......Then Taper Off
Jack in Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:53 PM   #10
BobW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack in Alaska
I like our B&D coffee maker. Works great so far. But I am open to a better one if it hangs from the cabinet. I am not a "coffee snob", I just want it made in the morning when I wake up and the B&D does that.
What is the Contour??? Who makes it???
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...feemaker/37785
2007 M2 Freightliner
2005 Wrangler
Old 08-10-2009, 09:18 PM   #11
LindaH

Quote:
Originally Posted by cucampn
It opened up just fine for me. It is a PDF file, so you have to have Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500
https://earl-linda.blogspot.com
LindaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:22 AM   #12
CherriandBob

We went through 2 black & deckers and 2 contour under cabinets units. The first B&D just quit working. The 2nd B&D and both contours started steaming when brewing. They were taking the finish off the cabinet. All were replaced under warranty. When the 2nd contour started steaming we just went to Wally World and bought a Mr Coffee and it sits on the counter. I like it much better. Now I have to fix the wall where the under cabinet models had been. We were changing units so offend that the screw holes got worn out. If I had it to do over I would have just go my own coffee maker when we ordered the unit. They aren't worth what they charge.
SOITC Charter Member #2730
Central Division
2006 38RL3
2004 Freightliner M2
robertsqualityrv.com
Enjoy life...Keep it simple
CherriandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:44 AM   #13
Motor31

I buy the cheap model coffee makers at wally world or the base PX / BX. In order to have coffee when I wake up I use a vacation timer to start it in the morning. Easy to "program" and also far less expensive than the built in programmers on a coffee maker. I can keep the vacation timer for the life of several $10.00 drip coffee makers. Total investment is about $15 to $20 if I were buying both of them.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:02 PM   #14
cucampn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaH
Quote:
Originally Posted by cucampn
It opened up just fine for me. It is a PDF file, so you have to have Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer.
Sorry, I meant to say I can't get the recall website to open.
Thanks for your reply.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:31 PM   #15
jdwilson3

Hey Mike, you're almost as cheap as I am!! I buy the little 4 cupper by Mr. Coffee (which is really 2 cups). When we are traveling, that is about as much as my poor bladder can handle. After they take the Prostate out next month, maybe I'll be able to handle more coffee in the morning!!
Old 08-12-2009, 08:33 AM   #16
Motor31

My ex says I can make pennies scream like little girls! :)

I can't get by on a little 4 cup machine. I have 2 cups of coffee in the morning, they are just 16 ounce cups each.

Headed out today for cooler climate, Colorado Springs for abut a month. I'm tired of AZ heat!!

BTW If you want to talk to me about the surgery drop a line (private message) with your phone number. We'll chat. There are a couple things they often don't talk about when getting you ready from what I've found out from talking with a couple other folks who had it too.

BTW the surgery won't increase capacity in that it doesn't make the bladder bigger, it just allows you to empty it all the way. That can be a dramatic change though, so you might be able to drink more coffee. ;)
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:47 PM   #17
RGordon

I received my new improved Black & Decker Spacesaver coffee brewing basket today as a result of the recall. It should work better than the old model since it has a safety latch that has to be release before you can remove it. My old basket would just pop out of place when the coffee got real hot causing hot coffee to go everywhere and at times receiving burns. I am surprised they made it this long with the old design.

2007 Mobile Suite 38RL3 #3698
RGordon is offline   Reply With Quote