Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2008, 10:08 AM   #1
Lauren

Goodyear

As previously reported we had a G614 failure about a month ago on the freeway. In that the tread came off intact and the casing still had 106# in it there was no question in my mind it was a classic ply separation.

I contacted Goodyear and their response was immediate and thorough. I brought the tire in, bought a new one for about $365, filled out the forms - even sent pictures (doubt they were needed).

Got the estimate the other day and fax'd it to them.

Within 2 hours I had an email that as soon as I signed and fax's / sent them the signed disclaimer they would process the check for the full amount of repairs and cost of the tire. I should have my money in about 14 days.

Everyone might have their own opinion but I find this as about the best you can get. I spent 32 years in corporate marketing and I can assure you we did not do that well - by far!

OK, maybe it should not have happened. But stuff happens. It is not how the cart got off the road but how it was righted and on it's way that people remember. At least I do. (You can be assured the people who worked for me heard that JUST A FEW TIMES!).

Lauren

2006 Chevy 3LT Dmax (LB3)
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:18 AM   #2
Motor31

I had Goodyear fail on an old trailer. Goodyear made good on the repairs, replaced the blown tire and even swapped out the other tires (discontinued model tire) for a very small prorated fee. I got 4 more new tires not including the replacement for the one that blew for $160.00. I then had 5 tires including the spare all brand new. Of course we traded the trailer in less than a year later.

2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:51 AM   #3
traveler

I had pretty much the same good experience with Goodyear. But the bad thing about blowouts-assuming there are no personal injuries--is that the trailer can get damaged by being beat to death with the flaying tire.

Goodyear also paid me all trailer damage--less my deductible. Around $1500.
traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 05:03 PM   #4
Lauren

Fax'd my claim to Goodyear on 11/18 - got check for full amount today, 11/29. No deductible.

I have let them know, however, that when I get the trailer out of repair (no rush on it - not going anyplace for a while) that I am taking it in for replacement of the other 4 tires from China - have documented that with two departments there. Not getting much resistance.

And talked to dealer who has already ordered the tires - he has to "inspect" the other ones but I do not see an issue.

GY does not want personal injury claims I am sure.

In any case, this has been - so far - been quite a lesson on customer service.
2006 Chevy 3LT Dmax (LB3)
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote