Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2011, 11:19 AM   #1
sprehoda

Recliner Brand/Model?

I am researching buying my own recliners for a new Mobile Suites.

I would like to know the brand and model # of the recliners others have purchased and are happy with.

Thank you for any help.

Steve Prehoda

sprehoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:31 PM   #2
rdunk

It is hard to beat a LA-Z-BOY! Below is a link to the two Harbor Town L/B's we bought for our M/S. We liked them when we bought them, and we still liked them when we sold the M/S about five years later. The back is plenty high, the seat is plenty wide, and the Harbor Town helps with a look of openness in the living area, since they have "open arms" rather than "overstuffed"!

We have even bought another Harbor Town for the house, since we sold the M/S.

Harbor Town Reclina-Rocker

http://www.la-z-boy.com/Product/12-3...mall-Recliner/

Robert and Carlene

2005 RE3, S/N 2107 (sold Jan. 2010)
rdunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:32 PM   #3
Beachgirl

We pick up our new Mobile Suites in early March, and we bought the LaZBoy Pinnacle recliners. So comfy!

We'll just put them in when we get the MS. The Pinnacles are only 31" or so wide, so no worries about fit.
Beachgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:33 PM   #4
Eagle1

We have a Lazy Boy Pinnacle recliner. Love it! Sits well, high back, smaller in size, doesn't overpower the space. Also have a dual recliner loveseat but would trade it for another single pinnacle.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:49 AM   #5
hitchup

Like Beachgirl and Eagle, we bought Pinnacle's from Lazyboy for our 2009. We eventually moved the recliners to my daughter's, because we rearranged furniture and I wanted a loveseat instead of separate recliners. It's also a Pinnacle.

Your best bet is to sit and test. Lazyboy stores have a wide variety to fit all shapes and sizes. The Pinnacle fit the measurements in the RV space and comfort level the best. But other's find a different version fits their behinds and space better.
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:59 AM   #6
The View 5046

We have a Lazy Boy Love seat which is a recline away. We also have a Lazy Boy recliner and a Glider rocker. We have no need for a couch, no RV couch we have ever owned was comfortable or very well made.. Lazy Boy funiture we have found is a 100% better made and very light comparied to RV funiture, we never have to secure anything in the Suites.....

2010 Mobile Suites 38 RSSB 4 (SOLD)
Trailer Saver TS 3
Pressure Pro System (SOLD)
The View 5046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:47 PM   #7
terry and jo

We also went with the La-Z-Boy. Ours is a Reclina-Way (wall-hugger style) love seat called the Maverick in Saddleback color. After we made one trip in our 2010 to a SOITC mini-rally in Carthage, MO, we decided the RV furniture was going to have to go.

We've used La-Z-Boy products for years and they really tend to last a long time. We had one recliner that I used for years and then my youngest son took it and had it refinished. I suppose between all of us, we got almost 20 years out of it.

Here is a link to the one we got. It is wider than a Pinnacle love seat, but with the 38TKSB3, it isn't a problem.

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/...e/DSC_8043.jpg

This picture shows the love seat with an end table and tower speaker at the side. The other tower speaker is behind Jo in the picture.

http://s1190.photobucket.com/albums/...t=DSC_8068.jpg

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:12 AM   #8
westx

Before our 2009 left factory we deleted recliners. We visited Lambright Chairs at Topeka, In which is in the area of DRV. We chose 2 leather wall/huggers recliners. We called Lambrights from Texas placed our order and they delivered them to factory and were placed in 5th wheel before leaving. They are wonderful. Everyone who sits in them say these chairs are so comfortable. There is a brochure you can download. go to: amishcountry.org then see Lambright Comfort Chairs and download brochure.
Fulltimers since Sept. 06
westx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:03 AM   #9
hitchup

sprehoda: I just noticed you're from Gaithersburg, MD.

While in Culpeper, VA we bought at LZB's in Fredericksburg. They delivered out of their MD warehouse. So you might be able to pick up your order and save the delivery charge.

While in Birmingham, we picked out our recliners at a LZB store and only paid a deposit. Then David picked them up from the warehouse a few weeks later right before the Suite was finished. So it worked out great and saved us a fee.

BTW: We liked the colors of leather on the Pinnacle, but LZB can customize the fabric. They have a large selection of choices.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:54 AM   #10
sprehoda

Recliner Brand/Model?

We will order a leather LZBs because the MS upgrade recliners are fake leather. Will look at them tomorrow in Rockville.

Steve Prehoda

hitchup: we will be ordering exactly what you have.

38TKSB3 w/ vanity slide and F450 KR 4x4
sprehoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:45 PM   #11
rdunk

Quote:We will order a leather LZBs because the MS upgrade recliners are fake leather. Will look at them tomorrow in Rockville.

hitchup: we will be ordering exactly what you have.

38TKSB3 w/ vanity slide and F450 KR 4x4
Hey Steve, One of the things I forgot to mention in my earlier post about the Harbor town is that it is made for smaller places - and places don't get much smaller than the space in a fifth wheel. Now that you seem to have decided on the Pinnacle, I can make a direct comparison, which might help others, if not you.

Seat width: Pinnacle = 19 inches
Harbor Town = 22.5 inches

Actual chair width: Pinnacle = 33 inches
Harbor Town = 28.5 inches

Actual chair depth Pinnacle = 38.5 inches
Harbor Town = 35 inches

What this shows is that while the Harbor Town chair seat (sitting area) is 3 1/2 inches wider than the Pinnacle, the Harbor Town still is 4 1/2 inches narrower in total width. 4 1/2 inches difference is a big deal in a "small place". The Harbor Town is also 3 1/2 inches less in chair depth, which is also a big deal

The narrower chair was especially good for us as we were buying two for the RE3. Compared to the Pinnacle, that is an additional 9 inches for something else on the dinning/living area slide.. That did allow us to use the factory lamp table w/drawer between the recliners, and still have plenty of room next to the dining table.

The Harbor Town is a nice looking chair, as is the Pinnacle, but size and space considerations is what actually drove us to our buying decision. And, since the DW liked the Harbor Town from the time she saw it, that made buying it pretty easy. :) :)

Robert and Carlene

2005 RE3, S/N 2107 (sold Jan. 2010)
rdunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:02 AM   #12
hitchup

Rdunk: we stopped by Lambright while getting work done on our Suite last Sept. The wood furniture is really high quality. I was tempted to buy one of their side tables. But we had already bought a different style in Erie, PA Amish store.

I thought the seating area was a hard foam, like most RV Furniture, including those in DRV. While LZB is much softer comparable to our Ekornes recliner. I couldn't find the right comfort level on the recliners/loveseats for my back and neck.

That's why it's important to test as many as possible. There is no One Sz Fits All.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:41 AM   #13
terry and jo

hitchup,

We agree on the tryiing different things to see what is best. Also, both parties in the family must agree. Jo is shorter than I am and while she liked the Pinnacles by La-Z-Boy, she felt that the Maverick by La-Z-Boy that we got was more comfortable for her, especially for her height. Her legs "hang" better on the Maverick when she is seated in it.

I also think the design of the back is pretty comfortable, although it might not be in your case. Everyone seems to be different. This image, same as posted above, lets you see the "sculpting" of the back of the loveseat.

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/...e/DSC_8043.jpg

We have had La-Z-Boy recliner chairs for years and have always been pleased with how they last. This is our first loveseat recliner. Time will tell whether we can tolerate each other that close together or not. (I mean, we've only been married for a bit more than 42 years. Who knows?)

Terry

2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote