Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
audreyg

washing machine drain pipe

I was doing some re-arranging under the bed today and I noticed the drain for the washer was broke right at the 90 degree elbow where it turns down to go under the bed floor. Not really a big deal since we don't have a washer but fumes from the grey tank could escape. I managed to cut off the remaining portion and use a 2" rubber 90 degree that fit over the 1-1/2" 90 bands. The pipe continued under the floor of the bed as flex pipe. Does anyone know where it exits in the basement and continues to the tank? Thanks.

2010 36TKSB3 #5245
2007 GMC 3500 classic D/A
Southern Maryland
audreyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:16 PM   #2
5thwheeler

A Reminder

If you are not using the washer - a suggestion.
Turn off the water supply (both hot and cold) in the basement at the water distribution manifold.

5thwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:11 PM   #3
audreyg

Thanks. I hadn't done that but I will.
2010 36TKSB3 #5245
2007 GMC 3500 classic D/A
Southern Maryland
audreyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:53 PM   #4
Dervish

Washer Drain Line Location

We have a 2007 36SB3 model MS and found that the washer flexible drain line was not connected at the downstream end (after my wife did first load of clothes). Following cleanup of wet basement, I pulled screws from after edge of corrugated plastic that covers underside of bedroom slide-out located above the forward storage compartment (meant for LP gas generator if installed). It's a difficult location in which to work, but that is where you will find where the flexible drain pipe attaches to the black PVC pipe that then runs to your shower drain line before eventually terminating in your gray tank.

Of note, my flex drain pipe had been loose in the slide out belly for some time and had gotten pinched in the slide out roller/gear assembly, causing some small pinholes resulting in leaks upon connection. DRV provided a replacement free of charge.

Hope this helps,
Dervish
Dervish is offline   Reply With Quote