Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2009, 08:46 PM   #1
Red Ram

Electric fireplace

Has any of you experts had one of the electric fire places apart. Mine blows heat for about 3 minuets and then the heat trips out. I am trying to locate the overheat switch to see if that's what is the problem. The main braker never kicks out.

Does the wood facia have to be removed? I have removed every small screw that is in site and the unit does not move. It only has a one year warrenty or it would be going back to the shop. Any ideas??

Old 02-25-2009, 10:32 PM   #2
RGordon

I removed mine to get to the bass speaker in the rear. You have to remove the two vertical fascia pieces on each side. I used velcro to reinstall them so in the future they will be easy to access.

2007 Mobile Suite 38RL3 #3698
RGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:47 PM   #3
layne

The electrical panel went out on ours and it had to be replaced. The dealer ordered it from the company and received it less than a week. It took about 15 minutes to install it. Their was a complete burned place in the panel and I think a new one came with a fuse. It works a little differently now--the fan is louder and the thermostat goes on and off more frequently. Once it gets a certain heat, it turns off all together, but you can turn it back on immediately. The "flame" will still stay on without the heat.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:38 PM   #4
Red Ram

Thanks for the input. I was afraid that I would have to remove the two side peices to get to the hardware on the screws to remove it. The trailer goes into the dealer for furnace warrenty repairs and I will quiz the shop people on the best way to dismantel the fireplace.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:08 PM   #5
Red Ram

Up date on the fireplace repair. Removed the two facia on each side of fireplace. Remove four wood screws and pull the unit out. Unit needed a new limit switch.

I found the base speaker behind the fireplace. I have wondered why it did not work since we bought it. It was plugged into the 110 outlet which was hot. The speaker wire was plugged in and I verified that the other end was plugged into the Sony entertainment center.

The problem with the speaker was simple, they installed it but didn't push the power button on the back side to power it up. Now the Suround Sound sounds much better.

If your base speaker dosen't work, this just might be the problem with it.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:53 AM   #6
MooseSuite

Follow-up Questions

Just a few questions
how did you remove the panels without marking them?
how did you reinstall the panels? i.e velcro
cost and availability of the limit switch? Is it orderable thru twinstar only?