Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
kfrimr

Goshen Rally June 09

I have not been to a rally. So I have some questions, I have heard from some that have been at other non MS rallies that some times the factory does repairs, upgrades and servce. So will there be factor people there to do repairs? Do we need to make an appointment? If not do we need to make reservations at the factor if we want work done on our MS either before or after? What about repairs on appliances or other components? Are there factory reps or service people from other component at the rally? What about factory upgrades? I am asking b/c I just don't know what to expect and we probably not have anther opportunity to get to N Indiana and the factory.

Thanks for your helpfulness.
Kent

kfrimr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:18 AM   #2
Motor31

Teton used to have techs at their main rally's and would do an hours worth of work on club members rigs. Teton also is no longer in business.

As far as factory support is concerned you will need to coordinate with them for warranty repairs before you go to the rally. They fill up slots quickly for travel time dates so I would call them ASAP for any work to be done. You are "right next door" to the factory and their satellite service locations.

If you are out of warranty then the factory is not likely to be doing anything to your rig. You'll need to call and ask about what service locations they recommend, probably the same as they use for warranty work, and make arrangements for an appointment on your own. Again service dates will fill up very fast during rally dates so do this ASAP. It's not unusual for them to schedule warranty work in July as early as the beginning of March.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote