Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2019, 07:17 PM   #1
Putz75

Best Fifth Wheel Brands

Hey All,

My wife and I have a 2017 42' Shasta Phoenix fifth wheel. We love the floor plan (392BL) pullout couch in living room, bunk room with pullout couch, master bedroom with king bed. We thought it was a good camper when we scoped it out at the RV show. Yet, when we picked up the one we ordered, we found that it seemed to be put together in a hurry; panels falling out from not being nailed into wood, AC barely even flowing in bunk room (have to put your hand over the vent to feel any flow), table posts pulling out from the floor, etc. It is not lost on me that fifth wheels/campers flex when in transit. They cannot be compared to a traditional home. Yet, you expect a level of quality to match the price.

With that said, what are your thoughts on the best RV manufacturing companies or brands that are the best? We eventually want to get another one and would like to have an idea of which to include and which to avoid.

Thanks
Putz75 is offline   Reply With Quote