Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2019, 01:33 PM   #1
porkchop

Winegard

Yesterday morning I went to lower my sat dish, and no go. It just reported "stow failure". I remembered from reading the manual it could be lowered manually, so up on the roof I went. Turned out I needed a large pair of pump pliers to remove the plastic plug on the front lower part of the unit and a 1/4" driver bit in my cordless drill. Took just a few minutes and down the road we went. This was very early in the morning.

Got to where we were going and plugged everything in and tried the dish again. It rose up to it's highest point and stopped. Just sat there and the controller said "EL motor failure". Great was one of the things I said. This time it would also not go down again, so back up on the roof with my drill driver I went.

Having missed 2 episodes of Days Of OUR Lives by now I decided to call Winegard support.

A live human answered the call on the second ring and I explained my problem. She said she knew exactly what the current problem was and how to fix it, but was unsure what the initial problem was. Stated "sometimes computers just do stupid things".

She said the problem now was that the controller did not know where the dish actually physically was because of me manually lowering it, and would need "rehoming" My first thought was here we go putting the blame on me!

That was not the case at all. She walked me through what to do. It just required hitting the correct buttons in the order she said and in about 3 minuets I was watching tv.

The point I was trying to make is that Winegard has exceptional customer service, and, and in my opinion a very fine product. We've had several of their automatic dishes over the years and this is really the only problem and it was only a programming glitch. As she said sometimes there is a hick up and things just need rebooting. Kind of like people.

Bill
porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 10:03 AM   #2
Cummins12V98

I had the same happen to me at the LasVegas Thousand Trails.

Here are the directions. These are taped to the inside of my control center door.

2015 RAM LongHorn Dually Air ride Aisin 4:10's

2016 MS 39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 02:15 PM   #3
porkchop

Yep. She also emailed me the directions for future use. Good customer service.

Bill
porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote