Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2007, 09:07 AM   #21
Motor31

Dave,

That's pretty much the same info I got when talking to the rep that installed the "upgrade" at last years rally. The idea was to help the system self bleed air bubbles when you use it. The only thing I dislike about the order is the stabilizers. I like having them down before I move any slides since the rig isn't totally level until all the jacks are down.

2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:56 AM   #22
sr

I had a seal replaced in Dec. 06 and when I returned home and put the slides out and back in the first time, the bedroom slide started extending when I put the front legs up. The next time, I put the slides in 1. living room, 2. Kitchen, 3. Bedroom, 4. Rear and 5. Front legs. Setting up, 1. Front Legs, 2. Rear Legs, 3. Living room, 4. Kitchen, and 5. Bedroom. So far have not had any problems since and we set up and moved 3 times last week. I had the same problem when it was new and someone on the forum said to put the slides in in this order and I had not had a problem until December, when DT worked on the Pump. Hope this helps.

2007 Select Suites TK3 #3117
2006 Ford F-350, CC, SWD
Pullright Sliding Hitch,LCD Mounted in Storage Door
Trailair Auto Level Up with Remote
Lippert Under Chassis Storage
Pressure Pro, Garmin 660
Winegard Direct TV Travler Sat. Dish
Rearview Camera, Water Softner
New Palestine, Indiana :)
sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:50 AM   #23
Mogolfers

hydraulic landing legs

That is the order we used until the latest problems with the landing legs drifting down. Lippert now suggested the new order of front to back when sitting up and back to front with leaving. This is the third order we've tried, per the experts. Hope it helps!
2011 38REPS4 Mobile Suite #5831
"Each day is a gift"
Mogolfers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:48 PM   #24
Motor31

It seems I spoke too soon on our hydraulics. Since we started moving again I had full operastion of the system until it came time to raise the main jacks. Now the main jacks don't want to raise up. It seems there may be an air bubble in or near the main legs. I have to open the bedroom slide then raise the main legs then close the bedroom slide again. All of the knobs are fully turned counterclockwise.

I still have to tweak the slides closed after raising the legs. I'm going to be moving at least 3 more times in the next 4 weeks so I'll decide in a bit about calling Lippert again. While I was taken care of when the pump failed last year I was underwhelmed by the response and the attempt to add a service charge at the last second with no notice to me.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:52 PM   #25
BobW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor31
It seems I spoke too soon on our hydraulics. Since we started moving again I had full operastion of the system until it came time to raise the main jacks. Now the main jacks don't want to raise up. It seems there may be an air bubble in or near the main legs. I have to open the bedroom slide then raise the main legs then close the bedroom slide again. All of the knobs are fully turned counterclockwise.

I still have to tweak the slides closed after raising the legs. I'm going to be moving at least 3 more times in the next 4 weeks so I'll decide in a bit about calling Lippert again. While I was taken care of when the pump failed last year I was underwhelmed by the response and the attempt to add a service charge at the last second with no notice to me.
Welcome to the club. I can't get the pin off my Pickup. The jacks will come down, but don't hold. The dealer had to lift it up with a fork lift. It's working OK now and hasen't failed yet. Fingers crossed. Dealer found no problem with it.
2007 M2 Freightliner
2005 Wrangler
In a land of the blind, the one eyed guy is king.
BobW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:13 PM   #26
sr

Maybe a class action lawsuit would wake up Lippert!!!
2007 Select Suites TK3 #3117
2006 Ford F-350, CC, SWD
Pullright Sliding Hitch,LCD Mounted in Storage Door
Trailair Auto Level Up with Remote
Lippert Under Chassis Storage
Pressure Pro, Garmin 660
Winegard Direct TV Travler Sat. Dish
Rearview Camera, Water Softner
New Palestine, Indiana :)
sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:13 PM   #27
bstark

An elderly couple parked right behind me with a 32' Mobile Suites is having the same problem, not being able to elevate his rig to get under with his truck, so I used my truck with the suspension dumped to back under and put a bunch of lumber between the hitch and his pin-box then aired up my suspension to lift his trailer about 6".

I could not find any leaks in his system but did note the 22 number in the serial number on his pump & advised him to contact Doubletree. He has since been contacted by Lippert and they have authorized a repair facility here in Yuma to change out the pump and replace it with the combo 2800 with delay module.

Why can't Doubletree and Lippert comprehend the need to send advisory notices out to all who have the weaker pump that they may encounter problems and should get this upgrade done rather than address it on an ad-hoc basis. My heart goes out to these folks behind me as they have had to hook up and overnite with their truck out in the street to make an 8AM appointment for pump changeout.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:18 PM   #28
rjttam

Maybe we're to quick to blame Lippert. Could it be a faulty design in the way the system is installed by DT? Just a thought... My problem was leaking hose fittings, don't believe that was Lippert's fault..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr
need be.
rjttam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 06:32 AM   #29
sigo'suite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr
Oh hell yeaahh, let's get the lawyers involved !!!!!!

Make everyone feel good, especially the lawyers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sigo'suite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:52 AM   #30
rverdlm

I messed up the quote thing so I'll try it differently.
2005 Mobile Suites 38RL3 #2338
MorRyde IS 8K axles, LazyBoy recliners, LCD tv
Full time since '96
rverdlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:00 AM   #31
rverdlm

I think all the hydraulics are done by Lippert when they build the frame. It all comes to DT assembled.
2005 Mobile Suites 38RL3 #2338
MorRyde IS 8K axles, LazyBoy recliners, LCD tv
Full time since '96
rverdlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 11:12 AM   #32
jdwilson3

Hydraulics

Just a note: We parked our ES in October and opened everything up for the winter season. Last week, March 1st, I pulled the slides in, so that I could add air to the tires. I decided to pull the BR slide in just to check operations. All three slides functioned the way they were supposed to. With the ES sitting lsince October, we have experienced NO change in level, so the hydraulics have held pressure at both the front jacks and real stabilizers.

I probably should not have posted this, because I'll probably find the front sitting on the ground tomorrow
Old 03-10-2007, 09:00 AM   #33
rjttam

I doubt that the hydraulic lines are preassembled, since they need to be routed thru various wall cut outs etc. At least thats the way mine have been
configured.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rverdlm
I think all the hydraulics are done by Lippert when they build the frame. It all comes to DT assembled.
need be.
rjttam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:34 PM   #34
billr

I think you both are right, from what I remember when at DT, the frames come from Lippert with all the jacks and rams for slides attached and plumbed, and the pump units are added at DT later. We were watching the bare frame on the line being tested and bled from a separate pump and control unit (floor mounted) with all the actuators moving in and out. We had to watch out not to get hit!

Cheers,
Bill
05 M/S 38RL3 #2046
01 Volvo VNL770
05 Smart Passion Loaded piggyback
https://picasaweb.google.com/billandjoan
Weigh-It Portable RV Scales
https://www.weighitrv.com
billr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:15 PM   #35
ChrisM

Hopefully I'm not kicking a sleeping dog here, but maybe I can shed some light on some of the topics discussed here.

1. DT's Lippert chassis's and hydraulics arrive preassembled and nearly ready to go.

2. At this point, any DT product that has hydraulic issues will automatically recieve the new updated "Enhancement Kit" that includes a pump assembly and a delay box for the front legs. The delay box removes the "dip" you get when you try to lift the coach. The issue was that the system had to build pressure to lift the coach and untill that pressure was reached, the coach would drift or drop down first. The delay box runs the pump first for a few seconds, then opens the valve for the jacks.

3. Some of the earlier DT's using the Lippert landing gear had issues with the chrome plating chipping off of the rams, tearing up the seals and causing external and internal leaks within the cylinders. If you've ever tried to raise your unit up, heard the pump run, but nothing moved, you've got an internal leak in either jack. Another symptom is when trying to lift the coach off of the tow vehicle, it will quit moving just shy of seperating from the hitch. The fix? Replacing the offending cylinder as a unit and a close inspection of the fluid in the tank. If there was a great deal of debris, the pump ass'y should also be replaced.

4.Lippert has gone through a pretty heavy restaffing. They also had a little problem with flooding from a nearby river last year (around this time if I remember right). It really threw them for a loop and made it difficult to do anything for a while, which brings me to my next point...

5. I too (or more specifically the company I work for) have had some issues with Lippert not paying their bills in a timely fashion. Though that has been cleared up for quite some time now (once those items I pointed out in #3 were squared away, it was back to buisness as usual), it made it very hard for us to help those that needed it. I can understand the dealers stance and not wanting to take on any unit that wasn't purchased from their lot. However, its not a decision that is taken lightly. Its really a double edged sword. You don't want to take a huge monetary loss because no one is paying for the work, but at the same time you don't want to dirty your otherwise good reputation (and losing even more money) by not doing the work in the first place. Ultimatly you have to make a buisness decision and cut the most painful losses and hope everything comes back around quickly. Buisnesses reserve that right to refuse to offer service at their descretion. No one likes to do it, but sometimes it has to be done.

6. Lipperts warranty on their systems for towables are 5 years from the build date of the coach, not the purchase date. As far as I know, they are the only ones that do that. But still, unless you buy last years closeout, you still have 3-4 years before you'll be footing any hydraulic repair bills.

ChrisM is offline   Reply With Quote