Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   5thWheelForums.com > 5th Wheel Brand Forums > DRV | Formerly Doubletree
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2007, 08:47 PM   #1
WildJohn

WATER FILTER

I have the original equipment water filter that I am told is made by Shurflo. I am looking for a replacement O-Ring (about 4" D). I went to every place locally that I could think of trying to find one.. RV, Residential, commercial, Automotive, to no avail... VERY few even close but none were acceptable. My dealer says they have ordered a new filter system and will pull out the o-ring for me. . . when I next get in the local area. I would like to change the filter but I am afraid the NEXT time I disassemble the thing it will not seal again.
Ok I will fess up.. some dummy changed it one time in the failing light of evening and the o-ring fell out... the ring groove was not noted on one half so it was kinda stretched on the wrong half... now it is a little too big for the groove... I really don't know how it is sealing now.
If anyone has suggestions let me know
thanks.
happy camping
(all the time)
gearmaster
backup cams
3KW Honda
6V battery bank w/inverters
WildJohn is offline   Reply With Quote