Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   5thWheelForums.com > 5th Wheel Brand Forums > DRV | Formerly Doubletree
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2015, 06:56 PM   #1
Joezilla

Mobile Suites Cherry Wood

We have just ordered a 2016 MS Atlanta 43--we are very excited. I am curious about the cherry wood. First of all, is it really cherry wood? We opted for the lighter wood--honey cherry because I don't like the dark. I saw a 2014 with the lighter wood and the cabinets were BEAUTIFUL! It seems like for 2015 and 2016 the wood is different--the color is very streaky. We looked at 3 today with the lighter wood and it does not even compare to the 2014 I saw earlier in the week. Supposedly they are the same but I'm thinking not. I know wood accepts stain differently but in places some cabinets were almost striped where two pieces of wood were put together. I just can't figure out why the 2014 was so smooth and the color so even while the new ones are not. We have enjoyed the Crossfire Maple wood in our 2012 Select so much--it is beautiful and I almost feel like we are losing ground with this cherry wood. Just wondered if anyone had any insight into this. It is by no means a deal breaker but I sure wish this was not the case. I think the mocha cherry has some of the same problems but the wood seems to accept the darker stain better. (By the way this is Joezilla's wife posting.)
Joezilla is offline   Reply With Quote