Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2012, 08:54 AM   #21
golf_bears

Cyndy,

Where in NH are you heading for? Both my wife and I are originally from NH. Plan on going to the rally in Canada and on to NH then maybe up into NS this coming summer.

We were in Yuma last winter but are in RGV this winter. If you get up into southern Utah you may want to go into Zion, Bryce and Arches canyons, absolutely gorgeous country.

Safe travels.

golf_bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:31 AM   #22
Motor31

For anyone who has gone to Paul Cross and gotten slide issues fixed, I'd love to know what they did and ball park figure of cost. I've gone as far as I can with my tools and skill level. From this point on it looks more like the slide would have to be removed to do further repairs / modifications to fix the drv built in shortcomings.

Also if anyone has had linoleum and carpet replacement done there I'd like to have ballpark cost as well.

Last question, I know someone mentioned the window repair place in Arkansas for the cloudy hehr double pane issue. If you could give the town / business name /contact info and ballpark cost on that I'd appreciate it. The trip to the East this summer is likely to be one of getting major work done rather than seeing the country.

2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:22 AM   #23
wingnut60
Site Team

Will be there in early April and see what I can find out from Paul. Not having any problems with my kitchen slide, but door slide needs some sort of adjustment after I got the rollers replaced. Have a long list of stuff to have done.
Joe
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:47 PM   #24
Pat L.

Windows

Mike,
I know Lazy Days does the windows for some where around 85.00 I have heard. Also some window Co's. around also do the repairs. Have heard that by looking on line or YP, agents can be located. Let us know how it works out.
Pat
Pat L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:47 AM   #25
Joezilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor31
Last question, I know someone mentioned the window repair place in Arkansas for the cloudy hehr double pane issue. If you could give the town / business name /contact info and ballpark cost on that I'd appreciate it. The trip to the East this summer is likely to be one of getting major work done rather than seeing the country.
A friend of mine took his Teton to the Arkansas folks to get all of his windows, 14 of them, done. They charged $300 per window. From what I've heard, he is happy with their service.

Joe
Joezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:20 AM   #26
Cheif 2

$300 per window is insane. You can purchase the windows through DRV for way, way, way less than that and either replace them yourself, which is relatively easy or pay someone to do it. The biggest hassel is they come in a big wooden crate. It takes about 30 mins per window to remove and install new.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:33 AM   #27
The View 5046

I don't know what the Ark. repair shop charges but I'm told once they do the fix the warrantee is awesome and the problem seems to go away. Had a Prevost parked behind us for a week or so, and yes he had foged up windows.. It seems as though its a industry issue but Hehr has had the most issues. I often wonder were the competition is???

2010 Mobile Suites 38 RSSB 4 (SOLD)
Trailer Saver TS 3
Pressure Pro System (SOLD)
The View 5046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:41 AM   #28
netjam

The competition is out there. I replaced a few Hehr windows ($300 + each) on my suite but the Lippert frameless windows I have now are worse. Be careful what you wish for. Hehr has problem windows but so do others.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:38 AM   #29
hitchup

We went a few hundred miles out of our way to go to Paul Cross leaving Conneaut, OH (CG up in the NW corner of PA) for Atlanta back in fall of 2010. Tried to get into the factory, but they were booked & we couldn't get in for 5-6 wks after we were available. Had a long list of items and Paul squeezed us in with only a 3 weeks notice.

He worked off our email list of warranty items: fridge installation recall, missing qtr round, replace leaky shower dome, replace all 3 torn awning toppers, changed oil on Onan gen. Plus fixed the bedroom slide- adding screws on top. It wasn't closing properly and he fixed it as we were preparing to leave. It was going in crooked.

Then we had him upgrade with a 2011 dinette table/buffet added. I think he even found a few items that we hadn't noticed.

We arrived on Sun, hooked up and waited our turn. They took the unit in on Tues and we were heading south on Weds morning. Gave us time for a 2nd factory tour, strolling through Suites at a local dealer, RV Museum, Shipshewana stores and yummy kettle corn. Basically, seeing those things we didn't have time for on a previous visit.

Because Paul made it a quick pleasant experience, had more confidence in our new Suite.

We knew he's worked on many others to do remodeling. We would have remodeled our 2006 Elite, but unlike rotaxman - ours was a leaker and would have cost too much to make the inside and outside improvements we wanted. So we opted for a 2009 & it's been very good to us. Only minor problems that have been fixed or will be eventually. Knock on wood...
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #30
The View 5046

Thanks I didn't know Lippert made windows? I have had two with the frameless windows and only had one issue. However it was a easy fix, little silicone spray and they work very smooth. None of the 6 5th wheel we have owned had another brand except the two Suites and the frame types in the slides are by Hehr and I suppose I learned today the frameless are by Lippert... Seen the Cedar Creeks and the Carriage 5th wheels are now using the frameless. I think for looks the frameless are the best... And can be left open during rain.

If your going or want to go back to the factory make you appointment months in advance... We went there twice and made reservations 4 months in advance......

I also would drive to Interstate RV (Paul Cross) to get repairs done. And probably will in the future. Happy Trails...

Trailer Saver TS 3
Old 02-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #31
Pat L.

Lindy,
I did not know Lippert had anything do do with windows. If I miss spoke on the issue, then I apologize.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:17 PM   #32
Pat L.

Windows

Question???
For an owner replacing the windows....Do you have to remove all of the interior wood work to replace the windows? The non DRV dealer that was to replace the windows said it would take 3.0 hrs per window x 109.00 x 12 windows. That is why DRV asked me to bring it to them. $3924.00 labor is a big rip off. RV World of Nokomis, Fl. has SHOT themselves in the foot.
Pat
Old 02-27-2012, 02:26 PM   #33
Cheif 2

Our 2007 MS does not require the removal of the entire window. The glass is held in with a rubber trim and silicone. Remove the rubber trim strip and the glass will push out from inside. Clean up the old sealant, recaulk and install the window and rubber seal.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #34
netjam

Lippert makes the windows on my Escalade (and a bunch of others). I think Lippert brands them Kinro but its 100% Lippert. I know some replace the glass only on their suites but on my Elite we had to remove the interior trim and shades to get the windows out. The labor to replace the windows was about twice what DRV charged for the windows alone. Had 5 windows replaced so far on the Escalade but did not watch the replacement so I don't know if they took the interior trim off. I would think the trim would come off with the frameless windows as I did notice the interior aluminum frame was different on the 5 new windows.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #35
bstark

As Chief posted, the windows that are not "frameless" but rather "clamp ring" windows have a glass insert segment that is easily replaced leaving the wood trim and all of the clamping ring surround intact.

This presupposes you have given the factory that made the windows the correct dimensions for the replacements. That information can be verified through DRV acting with the window manufacture.

I believe Hehr is no longer the name of the company used but on my 05 the dual pane windows were able to be replaced exactly as Chief described in his post.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:04 AM   #36
Pat L.

My windows are the frame-less type. Except the end slide out has to be rubber seal insert type. I think this is correct be now I am having a brain fart. I will have to drive up to the coach and look. Damn, now I probably won't be able to sleep. Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!lol
Pat
Old 02-28-2012, 07:39 AM   #37
The View 5046

Pat L thats correct. I also was only repeating what some one else had posted about Lippert making the frameless windows.. Who ever makes them they look good. Happy Trails...

Trailer Saver TS 3
Old 02-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #38
Motor31

Re: Windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat L.
Question???
For an owner replacing the windows....Do you have to remove all of the interior wood work to replace the windows? The non DRV dealer that was to replace the windows said it would take 3.0 hrs per window x 109.00 x 12 windows. That is why DRV asked me to bring it to them. $3924.00 labor is a big rip off. RV World of Nokomis, Fl. has SHOT themselves in the foot.
Pat
I don't know about other year / model units but on ours the window is held in by screws that are under the wood trim. As such, on ours if you need to remove the window the trim has to be pulled. That means I have to find a nail gun to use to fasten the wood trim back on the wall. There is no way I am good enough with a hammer to put small brads in place without destroying the trim. I know my limitations...... sigh....
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:02 PM   #39
Stripit

Send a message via AIM to Stripit Send a message via MSN to Stripit Send a message via Yahoo to Stripit
Our 2004 MS Hehr windows were fairly easily removed from the outside & replacements installed from the outside. Only inside duty was to push the window out. Definitely a 2-person job, but only one has to be strong.
1991 Avanti Conv
Stripit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:16 PM   #40
Red Ram

I also experienced the slide roller problem, but I had a different approch to fixing it and issues with the Lippert frame..........I traded for a class A motorhome, now I have a different set of headaches.