Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2007, 05:04 PM   #1
Diesel-Gypsy

Slide Adjustment Q

I would like to adjust the dinette-slide a little.
The slide when closed is almost 3/4" in further at the top, than the bottom.
The difference is progressive from the bottom up to the top.
The bottom of the slide-out is flush with the trailer wall.

That white rubber bulb seal is completely squashed-flat at the top, within 2 1/2 feet towards the bottom, it is normal.

I see the large bolts under the slide, but I cannot really figure out which one will allow me to angle the top of the slide outward.

Anybody on this board savvy enough to help out?

I have the electric slides, but I think the adjusters might be the same as the lippert slides.

Thanks in advance.
Rick

Old 06-03-2007, 05:20 PM   #2
shergry

I hope this helps...go to lci1.com. This is Lipperts Components web site...you should see "owners manual" click on that then it will show you the variety of slides, etc. they have to work on. There is a couple of site for electric slides. I hope this helps...our hydraulic slide is a little off on the fridge side so DH is out there right now adjusting. Feels like 104 here in Georgetown, TX...hope you are nice and cool

MS 36SB3 2007 #3565
shergry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:03 AM   #3
Diesel-Gypsy

Hey....thanks.
I took a look on their web-site.
There was no explanation of how to adjust the vertical "tilt" or angle from the top to the bottom.

They only seem to think it can be out vertically or horizontally.

I sent them a description of my "problem", hopefully they can help me out.

Rick
Old 06-04-2007, 10:10 PM   #4
billr

Rick,

Call Van at Lippert tech support, he will call you back, will take some time to call back, but he should be able to help. You may never get an email returned.

Cheers,
Bill
05 M/S 38RL3 #2046
01 Volvo VNL770
05 Smart Passion Loaded piggyback
https://picasaweb.google.com/billandjoan
Weigh-It Portable RV Scales
https://www.weighitrv.com
billr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:17 PM   #5
Diesel-Gypsy

Bill, I'll do just that.
So.....am I the only one with this specific problem.
Seems there are a lot of views on this topic, just not many opinions of what to do about it.
I feel very....alone....

Rick
Old 06-05-2007, 06:07 AM   #6
billr

Rick,

I have only adjusted the BR slide when it didn't pull in all the way at the bottom, the nuts had backed off. It was pretty straight fwd. The dealer had adjusted the other 2 slides to run more smoothly with some good results. They have stayed failrly good since.

I think once you get it done you will be good to go! Good luck!!

Cheers,
Bill
05 M/S 38RL3 #2046
01 Volvo VNL770
05 Smart Passion Loaded piggyback
https://picasaweb.google.com/billandjoan
Weigh-It Portable RV Scales
https://www.weighitrv.com
billr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 09:36 PM   #7
bstark

Rick:

I haven't encountered any problem with the "tilt" from top to bottom but have adjusted for dining slideout being on an angle fore & aft. On mine there are only jacking screws to adjust the height of the ends of the slideout.

The only way that mine (hydraulic) could be slightly changed for tilt (that I'm aware of) would be to loosen the bolts that clamp the lower half of the height bracket to the slideout racks and allow it to tilt as much as the clearance in the holes allow. I don't think the gain would be noticeable, however, it's a place to start.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:07 AM   #8
RustyJC

On our 2004 36RE3 (electromechanical slideout drives), the large flat-floor slideouts touch the seal at the top before the bottom when they're being pulled in, but the bottoms pull in tight before the torque limiters start clicking. Could it be that your slideouts just aren't getting pulled in tight at the bottom before the torque limiters kick in - i.e., they're taking too much force to pull in or the torque limiters need adjustment?

Rusty
2004 DoubleTree Mobile Suites 36RE3 #1291
2002 Dodge 3500 DRW Cummins HO/6-speed
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:59 PM   #9
crunch1

Check the Mfg. of your frame, most 04 models were made by leland, not lippert. It will be on a plate, on top of your pinbox.
Have a good one.
Old 07-09-2016, 04:23 PM   #10
stanleyz

Hi Diesel Gypsy. I'm a little late to this thread but I'm just in fresh from under my kitchen slide (05 36TK3), most likely they are the same as yours. I have the opposite problem on the opposite side from yours. When it is out, the inside top of my kitchen slide is about an inch or two from contacting the seals while the bottom is tight. At the end of each rail there is a vertical adjustment bolt. I had to get a mirror to see how it's in there but out of sight there is a nut attached and it appears that turning the visible bolt would adjust the vertical angle of the slide.

OK, I went out and took a picture. Look beneath the rubber hose and you will see a vertical bolt. I believe that to be the adjuster. I got my mirror and looked at it from the back and there is a nut back there that is permanently attached. So turn the vertical bolt clock wise and the top of the slide should move away from the trailer. In your case you want to turn counter clockwise to move the top toward the trailer. I would be sure to count the turns made because there are two of these and they will both have to be adjusted the same.

Now if you look above the hose you will see a nut above the adjuster. There are two of those on each slide rail, (one not visible in picture) four total. They will have to be loosened to let the adjustment happen, then tightened after. If you look closely you can see the rust where mine were before someone did an adjustment and caused the slide to be out of kilter.

Funny thing is I've had the unit 8 years and I didn't do it. It has been out of adjustment like that since I got it. It's never been a problem but I'm out of stuff to work on and thought I would see what I can do.

Let us know how you do or you can wait and I'll try mine first. I put plenty of penetrating oil on them just a bit ago and I'll probably take a shot at it tomorrow or Monday. I'll report back and let you know. Sorry this got so long.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1219a.jpg (85.7 KB, 23 views)
Old 07-09-2016, 04:48 PM   #11
porkchop

Good advice Staneyz. That is exactly what I did to mine last winter when I was having the same problem as you, that the top was not all the way out but the bottom was. Worked good.
Now for the bad news. Did you notice that this thread was 9 years old?

Bill
porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 05:04 PM   #12
stanleyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchop View Post
Good advice Staneyz. That is exactly what I did to mine last winter when I was having the same problem as you, that the top was not all the way out but the bottom was. Worked good.
Now for the bad news. Did you notice that this thread was 9 years old?

Bill
Ha Ha Ha Ha, No, I didn't, I looked and saw June something and thought I'd try and help. No wonder they were talking about warranty on an 04. Oh well not the worst error I've ever made on a computer. Besides, I got your response verifying that I'm on the right track, which is what I was looking for in the first place. Thanks and sorry for taking up all this space.
Old 07-11-2016, 12:30 AM   #13
wingnut60
Site Team

Stanley,
How you doing? Where are you? We are in Palmer, AK, on a repeat of our '12 trip.
Joe
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 01:31 PM   #14
stanleyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
Stanley,
How you doing? Where are you? We are in Palmer, AK, on a repeat of our '12 trip.
Joe
Wow, nice. We're still in Georgia, leaving saturday for PA and points north. It's hotter than seven hells here I cant wait to go north. Enjoy Alaska, my wife keeps wanting to go back and maybe we will but not this year.
Old 07-11-2016, 01:35 PM   #15
stanleyz

While I'm here I might just put a closing comment on this 9 year old thread in case someone is here looking for advice. What we said above is correct except I had the turns wrong. On the kitchen slide it is counter clockwise to move the top of the slide away from the RV on the outside. Did mine last night and it was almost too easy. Also, there is a jam nut on the adjuster that must be loosened to turn it and then re-tightened when you get it where you want it.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:58 AM   #16
Campingnut

Thanks stanleyz i just followed your directions and it worked great by the way I know I am 3 years behind lol....
Old 09-06-2019, 09:02 AM   #17
porkchop

3-not 2. 0r 12!
porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 09:10 AM   #18
Campingnut

Fixed sort of