Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2015, 03:13 PM   #1
Joezilla

Truck and RV insurance

We currently have National General Insurance (which used to be GMAC) for our current truck, car, and Select Suite. It keeps going up every year even though we make zero claims.

With the new 2016 DRV 43' Atlanta coming in next month, we are thinking of checking out other vendors. Who do you use? Name & number of a contact?

Thanks,
Joe

Joezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 09:42 AM   #2
terry and jo

Joe,

We went with Miller Insurance Agency out of Oregon and they got us coverage through National Interstate for both of our vehicles and for the Suite. The F450 and Suite are on one policy, and the Expedition is on its own. It was cheaper that way.

Primarily, Marlene is the one that has helped us, and she's only just a phone call away at any time we need to make a change. Not that it's a big thing with National Interstate, but when we moved from Oklahoma to Colorado, there was a big difference in the amount of our insurance premium Much cheaper with the change of location.

There was even one day that I received a call from Marlene. I was pleasantly surprised that she called to thank us for referring them to others. Someone had purchased insurance through Miller's and happened to mention my name. She certainly impressed me.

Terry

2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 09:22 AM   #3
jccjr50

Insurance

Check with Good Sam. They represent several companies. I currently use Allied a company owned by Nationwde.
jccjr50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:06 AM   #4
Stevencoles

First and foremost, consider the state that you are a resident in, insurance rates vary wildly across the states. If you are full time and can choose your domicile South Dakota is probably your best bet, if not your stuck with what ever state your residents of. If you are interested on SD residency, check out Dakotapost.com, fantastic mail service and a wealth of info on SD residency, they will even assist you for a small fee, really super people. Check with Geico, they have really good package deals on Truck/RV and their umbrella prices are fantastic. Did the insurance business for forty years so if anyone has questions,might be able to help.
Stevencoles is offline   Reply With Quote