Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #1
sprehoda

Stabilizing Coach

Our coach moves whenever one of us is walking around.

What do you do to stabilize yours?

At this time I'm thinking extra wood blocks under the jack or X-Chocks.

2014 38TKSB3 Elite #6742
2013 F-450 KR
Reese 25K Elite
sprehoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:27 PM   #2
2 DA WDS

Steadyfast.com. I tried several things and this worked. Reasonable price, easy install and great customer service. 99% of the time absoloutely no movement.

I am not connected to the company in any way. Just a very satisfied customer.

2011 RAM Cummins 3500 Dually
2 DA WDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:37 AM   #3
Stripit

Send a message via AIM to Stripit Send a message via MSN to Stripit Send a message via Yahoo to Stripit
We use Roto Choks and Winfield Stabilizer system to firm up the rig. I would say without compared to having these two items is night and day. Here is the site for the cross bars
1991 Avanti Conv
Stripit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #4
Joezilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripit
We use Roto Choks and Winfield Stabilizer system to firm up the rig. I would say without compared to having these two items is night and day. Here is the site for the cross bars
I notice that the winfield installation references putting the bars onto the square tubing. My SS came with the round tubes. I don't think these will work unless there is some type of adapter?

Joe
Joezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #5
terry and jo

Sprehoda,

We've done both the extra blocks under the Level-Up jacks and the roto-chock type wheel locks.

We still experience some movement, but in our case, it isn't a bother. If it gets that way, I just go outside and "bump" each side of the Level-Up. The blocks help in that they keep the cylinder ram from being extended too far. With the "body" of the cylinder still being around more of the ram, it helps to strengthen the cylinders.

When I used to work on the farm, a lot of our equipment had hydraulic rams for raising and lowering the implements. Those that had a single cylinder on top of the implement would usually have them arranged horizontally. One could watch that cylinder "flex" in the center if the ram was fully extended.

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #6
Cummins12V98

Re: Stabilizing Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprehoda

Do you have the 6 point leveling system? If so it should be rock solid. Mine only has 4 point and is very stable.

I do have 6X8X12" Pressure Treated blocks under all 4 legs. I rarely use my Roto Chocks unless I am on a slope.
2015 RAM LongHorn Dually Air ride Aisin 4:10's

2016 MS 39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #7
Joezilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98
Quote:

Do you have the 6 point leveling system? If so it should be rock solid. Mine only has 4 point and is very stable.

I do have 6X8X12" Pressure Treated blocks under all 4 legs. I rarely use my Roto Chocks unless I am on a slope.
I can confirm that we have the 6 point leveling system, but it is a far cry from "rock solid". It is very good, don't get me wrong, but we feel movement in the front bedroom when one of us goes the bathroom in the middle of the night. We also have movement when the washing machine hits the spin cycle. Nothing that can't be overlooked, but it is NOT rock solid.

On my previous trailer, we had the 4 point Bigfoot system. It was indeed pretty much rock solid.

Joe
Old 07-07-2013, 04:44 PM   #8
Stripit

Send a message via AIM to Stripit Send a message via MSN to Stripit Send a message via Yahoo to Stripit
I would contact Winfield and see of they have a round mounting adapter. I know when i have viewed others that have adapted some sort of system like the Winfield they drilled into the mounting foot pad and used that as the lower support. On my unit without the system on I can go out to the front and push the trailer side at the hitch area and watch the trailer wiggle. Once the Winfield is hooked up and I push I can't budge the nose anywhere. On my trailer the system works very well, but I don't have hydraulic rams that could move.
1991 Avanti Conv
Stripit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #9
Cummins12V98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joezilla
Quote:
Quote:

I can confirm that we have the 6 point leveling system, but it is a far cry from "rock solid". It is very good, don't get me wrong, but we feel movement in the front bedroom when one of us goes the bathroom in the middle of the night. We also have movement when the washing machine hits the spin cycle. Nothing that can't be overlooked, but it is NOT rock solid.

On my previous trailer, we had the 4 point Bigfoot system. It was indeed pretty much rock solid.

Joe
If you are able to I would try to raise all 6 legs 1" or so. That would put most all the weight on the legs. Just a thought.
2015 RAM LongHorn Dually Air ride Aisin 4:10's

2016 MS 39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:46 PM   #10
Joezilla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joezilla
Quote:
Quote:

Joe
If you are able to I would try to raise all 6 legs 1" or so. That would put most all the weight on the legs. Just a thought.
That is a good thought. But, I do not know how to do that. I am assuming that it would involve putting the Level Up system in manual mode. I am not that familiar with it. I really only know how to turn it on and push "auto level". I am so pitiful!

Joe
Old 07-09-2013, 07:03 AM   #11
2blackdogs

I use a Tripod under the front and a set of good screw jacks under the rear. It has worked good for years. Too much overhang behind the rear landing gear is what causes the wiggle and the set of jacks stops that.

Trailer Saver hitch
www.mytripjournal.com/elitesuitestravels
IN GOD WE TRUST
2blackdogs is offline   Reply With Quote