Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2013, 03:33 PM   #21
Haggis

Golf Bears;

I will be attending the rally in Goshen in June, hope to see you there.

The week before the rally I will be at the Mor/Ryde facillity getting the Lippert suspension replaced with the Mor/Ryde "IS" suspension; just had too many problems with the original suspension. I understand the factory is now offering the Mor/Ryde suspension as an option and will be installed by DRV employees; who have been trained by Mor/Ryde.

A candid discussion with upper management with a small group of owners would interest me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf_bears
Geoff,

Sorry to hear about all your problems. I also have experienced many issues, axles, bearings, rotors, spring hangers, etc. I also realize I'm not the only one on the road with problems.

We've been on the road for 5 years now and will continue for some time, the good Lord willing. I've had the opportunity to speak to many DRV and SOB folks and realize DRV is not the only one with quality issues. As mentioned in other post, it appears to be and industry problem. Still doesn't make it right.

Fortunately, because of my engineering education and background, I'm able to fix most of the problems myself. I've also helped a number of other RVers on the road. I feel sorry for the RVers out there that cannot fix things and need to go to the RV service departments all the time. That is not fun and can get very expensive in a hurry.

Appreciate your comments about me speaking with DRV about my suggestions to help improve with their quality issues. I think by now they have read this post, know who I am and know how to contact me if they feel my services would be of value to them. My offer to help still stands.

DRV has been a very successful company doing what they do, even if quality is a major problem, but then so has a number of other manufacturers. Doesn’t make it right, but the industry as a whole needs to step up to the bat. Would be nice if DRV took the lead and demonstrated it’s willingness to make a difference.

At this point I would not buy another DRV unit, but rather have chosen to fix and upgrade our existing unit. Had the MorRide IS system installed last June and just had all our flooring replaced. In addition, I have fixed a number of big and things with permanent fixes that will hold up over time and use. Our unit feels like new now.

I have been asked by some SOB owners if I would by another DRV unit, my response has been maybe if they really improved their quality.

Our plans are to be at the rally in Goshen this June; maybe we’ll get a chance to speak with upper management about the issues. Maybe a small select group of owners could approach them. Antagonizing them will not get any results, but perhaps a very candid and open discussion could produce some interest on their part to interact more openly with a small group. Who knows, maybe we can all help to turn things around.

Haggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #22
golf_bears

OK, let's see if I can get the last couple of question answered.

With the MorRyde IS installation, we went to the MorRyde factory. They took 1-1/2 days to get the installation completed. They put the RV in the shop and we stayed overnight in the RV in the shop. They have water and 50 amp electrical hookups available for you in the shop and you can open all the slides. We stayed in the guess lounge while they worked on the RV and I periodically checked on the progress. They have coffee and sweet rolls available for breakfast and will order out lunch for you, all on them. There is also internet service and TV in the guess lounge.

With the flooring replacement, the installers came to our site. They did the complete carpet and flooring tile replacement in about 8 hrs. We just hung around outside the RV and kept checking in on the progress as they worked. Tese guys are good!!!

Motor31 got your number will call soon.

Wingnut60, if you don’t mind, please PM me your phone number and I’ll call you. I don’t like posting $$$$ information on these forums, sorry, hope you don’t mind.

Gemstone, I don’t mind sharing pictures but I’m not sure how to post them. Send me your e-mail address and I’ll send you the pictures. Then perhaps, if you know how, you cold post them of this thread for me. I think others would be interested in seeing them also.

Haggis/Ontario, we’ll be in Goshen and you’re welcome to see the results. You will not regret the installation of the IS system. Yes, DRV is now capable of installing the IS system but I think they only do it on new RVs. I think they then send the RV to MorRyde to have the laser alignment completed? I believe that is what I was told last June when we had our IS system installed.

I appreciate you’re offer to participate in some discussion with DRV. I’ll see if we can get a few more owners to volunteer and then will attempt to set something up with upper DRV management.

Hope I have answered all your questions.

golf_bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:17 PM   #23
rotaxman

DRV

I know one thing for sure if I were going to get MoRyde installed on my new unit I sure wouldn't let anyone at DRV be doing the installing. I'd just head on over to MoRyde and get it installed by professionals.

I have had very good luck with TrailAir on both of my Mobile Suites the only down side you are still stuck with all that junk suspension (Lippert or Kodiak axles improperly installed shock hangers etc etc) they install.

As always good camping
Joyce and Jerry
2000 F 450 V10
5.38 gears trailer special
Automatic 4R100
20000# Reese Hitch
Trail Air Suspension and Pin Box with Tri Glide
Honda 4500 ex
Hughes Internet
Garmin 2720 talking GPS
Pressure Pro
Junk frame 2009 38TKSB3 #4750
rotaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:42 AM   #24
Motor31

Golf, here is the link to the last thread I did on the kitchen slide roller that we talked about on the phone. I have pix of the roller assembly on it.

http://www.5thwheelforums.com/forums...t=slide+roller
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #25
golf_bears

Thanks Mike.
golf_bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:24 AM   #26
Carny Bill

Dan Tauer

Just to add my 2 cents

Folks like Dan are what helps keep drv going. With their quality not up to par,Dan and staff are super at making things right. I have always found everyone at the company to be extremely helpful. I for one will miss Dan, however I am also confident folks like Kyle and Shawn will continue the tradition. Thanks Dan for all your help and welcome Kyle and Shawn, I look forward to meeting you.
I

12 Blue Elite #6296 38RS3
08 chevy C3500
09 yel spyder toad
Carny Bill is offline   Reply With Quote