Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2017, 06:16 PM   #1
Amurdock

Smile Steady as she goes

I was thin king of adding 4 additional scissor jacks to my 5th wheel to help stop the movement when it is set up. I travel a lot and I set up for a month then move to the next spot. I Carrie the little alumni jack stands but they are a Hassel to set up every time. Has any one done this and would you recommend doing it.

Amurdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 07:37 PM   #2
Suite Sweets

I've done it, and recommend it. Remember, they are stabilizing jacks, not leveling jacks. Meaning, get it level with blocks under the tires, and whatever equipment is on the front to level it front to back. Once level, put down the scissor jacks.

Suite Sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:45 AM   #3
Stripit

Send a message via AIM to Stripit Send a message via MSN to Stripit Send a message via Yahoo to Stripit
I would look at installing a set of stablizers something along the lines of JT Stablizers http://www.lci1.com/jt-strong-arm as these would give the trailer a firmer feeling and steady the movement from the jacks you already have. Easy to use once installed and they self store when not in use. Just a thought.
1991 Avanti Conv
Stripit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 04:25 PM   #4
Onetonford1

Put some Stabilizers on the front jack not JT's but my own design I like them better. Also put two scissors just behind the rear axles and have the factory installed stabilizers at the very back when you put all three to work along with some wheel chock locks it is rock solid....
Onetonford1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 04:32 PM   #5
Suite Sweets

thanks for update - nice to see the ending. keep in mind, the stabilizers are for that - not for raising and lowering the rig.
Suite Sweets is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm it up, stability, stop the movement