Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   5thWheelForums.com > 5th Wheel Brand Forums > DRV | Formerly Doubletree
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2007, 11:39 PM   #1
47hook

A little rant, a little info requested.

We will be going on our second short trip with our new MS. Have had the usual problems that seem to dog the MS rigs:
• Door latch for the pocket door, bottom screw pulled out of the wood. Quick solution was to drill a couple of holes in the face of the latch to secure it. Not pretty, but works.
• Gas struts on the curb side basement door ripped out the aluminum plate glued to the door. Used a couple of steel plates used to join sheets of plywood together (Home Depot stuff) and used epoxy to glue it to the door and about 24 screws through the predrilled plates for added security. Still tight. Looks ugly.

Other issues:
• To help level the 5er had to drop the Center Point suspension and springs to the lowest hole on the frame hangers. Time consuming but relatively easy.
• Lousy owners’ manual. The Alfa I traded had a container for all the various manufacturer’s manuals; but most importantly the Alfa had a very comprehensive manual with pictures and diagrams so when they mentioned a switch or valve or whatever, there was a picture of it.
• I’ve updated the “Dis”-Harmony on line and still can’t make it do all it should. When I get time I’ll call them and see what’s up. For those “Larry the Cable” guy fans, why can’t they just make a button to pass. There are so many multiple uses for each button on the various controllers and those owner’s manuals make me reach for another beer. Hmmmm. Maybe I found the problem….

Here’s the question that has prompted the post:
On my old Alfa, there was a flat rubber wiper type seal, mounted to the body of the trailer that contacted the slideout and could be seen from the outside once the slide was moved out. (The same type seal that is discussed here as notched on the bottom of the kitchen slide of the 36 TKE’s and surrounds all the slideouts.) There was also, on the Alfa, a rubber membrane (EPDM) attached to the slide itself on the back side of the trim that borders the slide on the inside that sealed the slideout to the body once the slide was all the way out. My MS doesn’t have any other seal than that wiper / black flat seal attached to the body. Am I missing a seal on all 3 slides? Or, is this all there is? Hope I haven’t been too confusing.

All in all, I would still buy our MS all over again, but not from the same dealer. It is so nice inside and out, rides so much better, etc.

Thanks for any help you can provide me.

(PS: 13-16 mpg towing, 19-22+ solo mpg; finally needed new injectors at 75K))
2013 MS 38RESB3 #6393, modified with ES stuff & Garnet Paint

"The older I get, the better I was!"
47hook is offline   Reply With Quote