Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2017, 05:39 PM   #21
Rockyhud

From what I've determined (from reviewing previous owner receipts) we have a Trav'ler SK-3005 DirecTV Slimline and need the Dish SK-1000 to use our Dish home receiver. I haven't gotten on top to check out the antenna system, since first doing the RV check out before buying, so I'm not certain what would be required to swap the parts, but I'm guessing it wouldn't take much - probably a few machine screws and nuts to remove the reflector and LNBs and arm, possibly as a whole assembly. The cable(s) just unscrew from the back of the LNBs. Let me know if you are might be interested in swapping - no hurry on our part as it will be a while (this summer) before we move into the rig.

2011 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5509
Rockyhud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 07:45 PM   #22
oldbird

Ok Steve, I'll let you know. I like your signature, I also have an older tow truck. Its a 97 F350 dually that has a lot of mods and tows my DRV very well. I get asked all the time in campgrounds why I use a 20 year old truck. I just say that I can work on it, the new ones forget it!

Glenn 2008 36TK3 #4571
oldbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 11:19 AM   #23
Rockyhud

Thanks Glenn. Being able to work on the truck, when necessary (which isn't very often), is just one of several reasons I still have and use it. I concur about working on the new ones.
2011 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5509
Rockyhud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 09:06 PM   #24
KBL

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbird View Post
That's an interesting idea Steve. This is what winegard chat told me:
Glenn,

The SK-1000 Trav'ler is a DISH only system, it cannot be switched to DirecTV.

Thank you,

Winegard Customer Support

800-288-8094/800-788-4417

I have been with Dish for 14 years but I'm only looking into my options at this point. My antenna is only two years old so I'm thinking it has the latest stuff. What I'm doing is looking into getting rid of Sprint (worthless data roaming policy) and thinking about AT&T because they have towers where I go. If I switch to them they also own Directv and will give a discount if I switch to them. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet.
Ok I am A ATT customer for about 15 years and I made the switch from Dish to Direct and it was a bad move Direct is not better and there price is only good for a year then it like doubles and you have a contract that cost you 20 or 25 a month if you leave early. The only channel I get that Dish does not carry is OAN, I like Dish because you can down load your copied shows and movies on to a hard drive, Direct you have to have your system and your laptop set up VIA internet so you can transfer to your laptop or home system.

I am going back to Dish as soon as I can .
KBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2024, 06:12 PM   #25
Larry drv 7*3

rockeyhud our wine garden antenae was just swItching a wiring connection on roof under the units lid to switch from direct to dish

Larry drv 7*3 is offline   Reply With Quote