Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2012, 09:55 AM   #1
rotaxman

Fine Amish craftsmanship 3

I was making some light up grades to this junk 09 a few days ago and I needed to take down the garnish on the kitchen Shru Flo fan.

I have been looking at that garnish since the first day I brought the trailer home the Amish craftsmen (and there air guns or electric drill drivers I don't know which.) had managed to over tighten 2 of the 4 screws holding the garnish to the ceiling. Thus cracking the corners of the garnish of course when I removed the screws the two corners fell off in my hand.

I went to the local dealer to purchase one and as it turns out they didn't have one. My parts man called Shru Flo in California and spoke with a rep which in turn sent a new garnish to my residence at no charge to me. Even though it was not a Shru Flo defect but an Amish Craftsman's ham handed mistake.

I was a little skeptical of Shru Flo as my 06 had Fantastic fans and they worked great. The Shru Flo in the kitchen is a little on the user unfriendly side but works well. I knew that Fantastic Fan had a reputation of replacing any part to any customer for as long as the fan was in service.

That's a pretty good warranty it appears that Shru Flo is going to do the same thing so I have changed my way of thinking about Shru Flo it would appear that they are a stand up company.

Customer service a hard thing to find now days.

As always good camping
Joyce and Jerry

2000 F 450 V10
5.38 gears trailer special
Automatic 4R100
20000# Reese Hitch
Trail Air Suspension and Pin Box with Tri Glide
Honda 4500 ex
Hughes Internet
Garmin 2720 talking GPS
Pressure Pro
Junk frame 2009 38TKSB3 #4750
rotaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:12 PM   #2
bstark

Jerry; I noticed our garnish trim for the bedroom fan of our 05 had done the same thing with the corners breaking off which I attributed to the trailer spending it's first winter in the frigid north since new. The trailer was sold but not picked up yet so thought I would get that piece replaced for the new owners as it was not broken when they inspected and purchased the unit from us the previous fall.

I phoned Fantastic Fan with the idea of getting a parts number for purpose of ordering. After giving my address in Canada to the fella on the phone, was summarily told "the parts in the mail".

It arrived within a few days and I was charged a pittance for shipping. The trailer was six years old at this point.

Wish everyone involved in the RV manufacturing industry had that degree of integrity.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:36 PM   #3
billr

You two guys are "Crafty"!!

I had two of them cracked and bought new ones from DRV! Now they should be good and not be needed again as I was the "craftsman" tightening the screws this time! haar

Never thought of calling fantastic or Shur flow. Geez.

Bill
05 M/S 38RL3 #2046
01 Volvo VNL770
05 Smart Passion Loaded piggyback
https://picasaweb.google.com/billandjoan
Weigh-It Portable RV Scales
https://www.weighitrv.com
billr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:54 PM   #4
rotaxman

Shru Flo

Bill,

Well if this junk 09 would of had Fantastic fans I would of called them. I had a switch or something I don't remember what it was that went bad and Fantastic sent the part no questions asked. But this unit has the Shru Flo and it never crossed my mind to call them.

My parts man told me not to feel bad he didn't being my personal secretary and making those calls for me. Guess I should of thought about that and called myself. But I just went to the dealer with the intent of buying a new one. Anyway it turned out to be a pleasant surprise and the no cost part was just icing on the cake.

As always good camping
Jerry
2000 F 450 V10
Automatic 4R100
20000# Reese Hitch
Honda 4500 ex
Hughes Internet
Garmin 2720 talking GPS
Pressure Pro
Old 02-23-2012, 10:59 PM   #5
rotaxman

Shru Flo

Bruce,

I like you would of thought that it was the cold except for the fact that the trailer was that way when I picked it up at the dealer it left DRV in that condition.

They also use countersunk head screw which adds to the problem of wanting to break the corners off when over tightened. A pan head screw would be a much better choice with out the over torquing by the Amish Craftsmen.

As always good camping
Jerry
2000 F 450 V10
Automatic 4R100
20000# Reese Hitch
Honda 4500 ex
Hughes Internet
Garmin 2720 talking GPS
Pressure Pro
Old 04-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #6
rotaxman

Garnish

Well in my previous posts about the garnish for my sure flo fans it sounded like it was going to be a good thing.

Shure Flo uses Fed EX to deliver their packages and Fed Ex can not find my house so I haven't got a new Garnish yet. It looks as though I will have to find a dealer that has one and buy it.

I asked the girl at Shure Flo if they could send it UPS but she said no so I'm still without a garnish.

Have been gone in the trailer since the 1st of March and just returned home yesterday will start the search in a few days.

As always good camping
Joyce and Jerry
2000 F 450 V10
Automatic 4R100
20000# Reese Hitch
Honda 4500 ex
Hughes Internet
Garmin 2720 talking GPS
Pressure Pro
Old 04-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #7
USA in a Chevrolet

Re: Garnish

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotaxman
Well in my previous posts about the garnish for my sure flo fans it sounded like it was going to be a good thing.

Shure Flo uses Fed EX to deliver their packages and Fed Ex can not find my house so I haven't got a new Garnish yet. It looks as though I will have to find a dealer that has one and buy it.

I asked the girl at Shure Flo if they could send it UPS but she said no so I'm still without a garnish.

Have been gone in the trailer since the 1st of March and just returned home yesterday will start the search in a few days.

As always good camping
Joyce and Jerry
Fedex can't find your house?
Old 04-22-2012, 09:33 AM   #8
rotaxman

FedEX

Yep that's right the last 3 packages that have been sent to me via FexEx have not made it.

FedEx has been here several times prior to that but something has happened and they no longer will come out here. I get a little card in the mail stating that they are unable to locate my residence and want me to come to a distribution center and pick up the package.

This center is a 30 mile round trip drive and I'm just not going to do the job I have paid them to do with gas costing 359 a gallon.

Funny their little card will come to the house but the truck won't. FedEx shipping is now a deal breaker for me when I buy from a vendor if its not UPS no deal.

As always good camping
Joyce and Jerry
2000 F 450 V10
Automatic 4R100
20000# Reese Hitch
Honda 4500 ex
Hughes Internet
Garmin 2720 talking GPS
Pressure Pro
Old 04-22-2012, 11:14 AM   #9
USA in a Chevrolet

Re: FedEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotaxman
Yep that's right the last 3 packages that have been sent to me via FexEx have not made it.

FedEx has been here several times prior to that but something has happened and they no longer will come out here. I get a little card in the mail stating that they are unable to locate my residence and want me to come to a distribution center and pick up the package.

This center is a 30 mile round trip drive and I'm just not going to do the job I have paid them to do with gas costing 359 a gallon.

Funny their little card will come to the house but the truck won't. FedEx shipping is now a deal breaker for me when I buy from a vendor if its not UPS no deal.

As always good camping
Joyce and Jerry
Thanks for that explanation. Living in the Northeast, I can't imagine having to go to a central ocation to pick up a package!
Old 04-22-2012, 03:18 PM   #10
hitchup

Over the last few years we've been in some rather remote campgrounds. When things ship via FedX, they go straight to the local post office. Then it comes in the next mail delivery.

Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote