Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2005, 10:56 PM   #1
jetdoctor

new unit

I can't believe that there are no cadnial people out there. I just brought my new baby home and I'm looking forward to getting to use it. So far I am pleased with it, but I have only towed from cincinnati to Youngstown( towed very well). Now lets see how she sleeps and how it lives in. Any way just thought I'd get this started.

jetdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 06:49 PM   #2
mnyclp

Just Ordered a New One

I just ordered a new 30ts from RVdirect. It is supposed to be here July 15, I hope. I can't wait to use it. We have gone from a Pop-up to a 18' TT to a 24' TT to a 27' TT w/1 slide To this.

mnyclp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 02:37 PM   #3
DennyD

What do you mean no Cardinal people ? Just kidding, I just found this site and will be monitoring this one to meet more Cardinal owners. As you can tell from my signature I too am a Cardinal owner. It means that because of my pride in my fiver I am constantly buying new toys to add to and enhance my Redbird. So far my wife has been very understanding, but if I keep it up I will be forced to go to (CA) Cardinals Anonymous and admit that I cannot stop enhancing my Redbird. I love buying gadgets, maybe I need to start a Cardinal thread on gadgets for Redbirds.

Anywhoo, glad to see another place for Cardinal owners to meet and share. Carry on folks.
DennyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 02:38 PM   #4
DennyD

Oops, somehow I ended up with a double posting. Text deleted by author.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:44 PM   #5
jetdoctor

new unit

Just got back from my second outing in my new cardnial. Everything went well except two little things. The first is the cd player died pulled it out dealer said they would replace .The second problem and I don't know if its the campers problem or the campgrounds problem. The water in the shower just dribbled out of the showerhead with city water hookup. When I went to the internal pump(filled fresh water tank) the water pressure was better not good. No, I don't expect to get knocked down with water pressure .
jetdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 04:23 PM   #6
DennyD

Jetdoctor,
Glad to hear most of your trip was good. At least you water pump works, and mine does not have tremendous pressure either but this helps. Go to your shower head and unscrew the hose, inside you will see a flow restrictor, removing this will increase the flow and pressure.

As far as your city supply problem, I assume that all faucets did not have pressure, which since the water pump worked it appears that water lines from water pump are all plumbed appropriately. Your problem is between the city water hookup and your water pump. The supplies actually tee together. The outside city water hookup has a check valve internally to stop the water from pumping out of your tank to the outside of your 5ver when your water pump is on. From the city hookup to where the water tees into your plumbing is probably where your problem is at.

If you turn on your water pump (demand pump) and pressurize your lines (pump runs until pressure is reached and pump shuts off) you can then remove the debris screen to gain access to the check valve that is in the water connection fitting on the side of your trailer. Apply slow inward pressure on the check valve until you see water come out. This may reseat the check valve and then allow water to flow from city connection. If no water comes out or if there is no pressure on the check valve then the line is blocked due to debris coming from the factory. The dealer will then need to make the repair.

If water does come out then you are getting pressure from your water pump and this may have reset your check valve and will now allow water to flow from your city connection. Make sure that when you release the check valve you do not see water continue to run or drip. If it does drip turn off water pump and open water valves inside removing water pressure. Again apply inward pressure on the check valve and allow the spring pressure to seat the check valve. If the check gets cocked in the fitting you may need to do this again until you can get it squarely seated.

I hope this helps. I hope you get to enjoy your bird as much as I do.
Denny
Old 10-05-2005, 04:10 PM   #7
snowidow

Another Happy RedBird Owner here!

http://community.webshots.com/slides...648&key=dkTfzV

snowidow is offline   Reply With Quote