Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2018, 04:25 PM   #1
amsoiltek

Landing Gear Hand Crank

Hey people here is a bit of info I'd like to pass along, make sure you have plenty of extra fuses for your landing gear motor because using the hand crank is a real pain in the butt.

This happened to me this past summer I had to raise the nose up really high because of a very sloped spot and I must have overloaded the motor and was popping my 30 amp ATC fuses and all I had were 25's for spares.

I think the hand crank is something like 25:1 ratio, 25 turns to 1 inch LOL!

Amazon has a great selection on fuse kits and I suggest if your rig uses ATC or any other types get a kit.

amsoiltek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 04:20 PM   #2
onetonford

Buy a auto reset breaker that fits into the fuse holder. That is what I did on mine.

onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 04:46 PM   #3
amsoiltek

I would be worried about the breaker always resetting if a fault should be wire, the breaker would keep resetting until the breaker fails. Maybe a better way to go is a manual reset breaker.
Old 12-03-2018, 05:22 PM   #4
onetonford

I was the one that blew the fuse by running the jacks all the way up and had to put another fuse at the campground just to get the jacks down all I had were 20 and they would blow after lifting a little I used four fuses just to get the trailer off the truck. the only circuit breaker I could find that would fit the fuse holder was a auto reset so far has not been a problem. However I carry and extra gearbox as I have broke 1 and you can't even use the crank. I had to squeeze into the front compartment and used a cresent wrench on the square tubing that runs from jack to jack and that took a lot of time as I could only turn it a quarter turn at a time.
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 11:17 PM   #5
amsoiltek

Fuse

Hey guys, look what I found, never knew they existed! https://www.amazon.com/Resettable-Au.../dp/B01LYUNT34