^^^^^ that's GREAT!

2015 RAM LongHorn Dually Air ride Aisin 4:10's

2016 MS 39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:17 AM   #22
Rockyhud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevencoles View Post
After reading this thread I called Lippert, got a no hassle excellent response and have an appointment in April for them to do the work. If you have this issue definitely contact them.
Glad it's going to work for you as well. I talked with Joshua last Friday to see if they'd consider shipping the parts to a local RV service shop, to potentially save Lippert and me some $$. Long story short, Joshua explained they had tried this earlier and the results were generally not good. He explained this is not just a "parts swap" as the rams are significantly different requiring the frame mounts for the old rams be cut off the frame with a cutting torch or plasma cutter, the frame prepped for the new mounts and then welded on precisely, enlarging the holes through the RV body for the new rams to pass through, installing the new rams and finally installing new hydraulic lines and checking out the system. Joshua said in some of these earlier repairs at non-Lippert facilities, the shop labor soared to as much as 40 hours, making for a much costlier repair than anticipated and some cases not getting the parts installed properly too. I can certainly understand why Lippert doesn't want that to happen any more as that could impact their reputation.

That said, my wife and I have decided we'll definitely be making the trip to IN this spring/summer to get this done. Just haven't determined exactly when yet.

RV: 2011 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5509, with several options to make living in it nice.
Truck: Beefed up 97 Ram 2500 4x4 with 12-valve Cummins, 5-speed, long bed. Tows the DRV very nicely.
Rockyhud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 03:10 PM   #23
lostshakerofsalt

When I found out there were modifications needed to install the new jacks I decided that I did not want someone to do it that I doubted was familiar with the procedure. Lippert does this mod pretty frequently in their Customer Support facility in Goshen. We decided to take the trip to Lippert and am very happy we did. They were very professional and got us in and out on schedule.

We did spend three nights in a hotel (would have been only one but wanted to take unit to them the day before to avoid icy roads). We decided to spend one more night in a hotel to avoid having to set up an take down in the snow and ice. Yes, we went up there in December. Our issue became critical when the front jacks would not hold the unit up and we decided to go to Goshen immediately from Memphis (around 1200 miles r/t). They did the replacement as a goodwill repair and the only thing it cost us was fuel, hotel, and time for the trip. Worth every penny. Josh Northam is definitely the one to work with.

They said each of the new jacks are 12klbs each vice 5klbs for the old jacks. As such they extend and retract slower but still much faster than electric landing gear. I think you will be happy with the new installation.
lostshakerofsalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 03:44 PM   #24
Dapperdan

^^^^^^^^
Josh is Da man!!!! The crew there in Goshen does an AWESOME job! We had ours done last June, they told us "possibly" two days but they managed it in just one. They did a VERY good job for us too.

Dan

Dapperdan is offline   Reply With Quote