Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2011, 03:12 PM   #1
terry and jo

EZE-Kleen Sewer System Purchased and Installed

Since Jo and I are "static" full-timers and will be wintering in Oklahoma City for a couple of years yet, we wanted something that would be better than the stinky-slinky for our sewer. I wanted some thing out of PVC to get away from water in the crevices of the slinky hose freezing up and building up. With PVC, it is more likely that all the water will drain out and not freeze up.

The EZE-Kleen system seemed to be a good possibility, so I posted around on RV forums and a couple of different folks said that they really liked theirs. So, we bit the bullet and ordered a system. We got it installed today, and I think I am really going to like this system. It is very sturdy, goes together nicely, is adjustable in length, and is double sealed at each joint with two different O-rings.

If you should be interested in what I bought and the minor issues I had with installing it, check out my blog entry here:

http://ignoringthebarkingdogs.blogsp...er-system.html

Terry

2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:06 AM   #2
Motor31

That cost $330 for a PVC based hard sewer pipe? I'll deal with the regular RV hose or make my own PVC pipe dump.

2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:25 PM   #3
terry and jo

Well, that is why they make big trucks and little trucks, some with two doors and some with four. Different people have different needs and desires.

For all the experience I have with trailers of just about every kind, 18-wheelers and bobtails, I don't think I am good enough to park back in the exact same spot every time I move our Suites. Thus, the ability of this system to adjust appealed to me.

Terry
Terry's Smugmug Site
Old 11-14-2011, 06:55 PM   #4
wingnut60
Site Team

Terry,
What is the longest stretch you can get from that setup?
Joe
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:30 PM   #5
terry and jo

I haven't hooked all three together yet to see what the actual distance would be. However they say the 42" sections of pipe extend to 78" and with 2 it would be about 13'. Adding our third section, which is 24", would garner another 48". So, I guess the total would be right around 17'.

If necessary, one could then hook a slinky hose to the end of the PVC.

If one gets the system with three 24" pipes, they extend to 12'.

In the picture, we have the two 42" sections installed so that neither is fully extended, thus better avoiding a sag in the pipe.

Terry
Terry's Smugmug Site
Old 11-14-2011, 09:55 PM   #6
wingnut60
Site Team

Interesting setup. Glad I don't have to worry about being in the trailer for a long time in cold weather--hope it turns out to be mild up there this winter.
Joe
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:22 PM   #7
terry and jo

Thanks, Joe.

With all the protections I tried to do to avoid freeze-ups, we still went out and bought three electric ceramic heaters. They are "The Three Bears." One large on for the living room/kitchen, a smaller for the bedroom, and a smaller one yet for the basement if it is needed.

Also, a generator resides on the property, so we should be in pretty good shape. But, we'll see what happens, especially after having record heat this last summer.

Terry
Terry's Smugmug Site
Old 11-15-2011, 10:28 AM   #8
Joezilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry and jo
Thanks, Joe.

With all the protections I tried to do to avoid freeze-ups, we still went out and bought three electric ceramic heaters. They are "The Three Bears." One large on for the living room/kitchen, a smaller for the bedroom, and a smaller one yet for the basement if it is needed.

Also, a generator resides on the property, so we should be in pretty good shape. But, we'll see what happens, especially after having record heat this last summer.

Terry
Terry,

What generator did you purchase? I feel sometimes that I need to get one also. There has only been a few times that one has been needed since we started full timing, but when you need it..........you need it.

Joe
Joezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:29 AM   #9
billr

I think that should work just fine. Especially if you have to set up in a diff location down the road. Anything to avoid the plastic hoses in freezing weather.

I saw a few guys in West OK set up for winter, they had what looked like insulated allum covered ext wall board all cut to fit arouner the fivers belly. Looked easy to fit and cut and will work very well to cut the wind and cold under the trailer. That is key in the cold. Might be worth a look.

Hope it stays warm for ya there in OK!

Bill
05 M/S 38RL3 #2046
01 Volvo VNL770
05 Smart Passion Loaded piggyback
https://picasaweb.google.com/billandjoan
Weigh-It Portable RV Scales
https://www.weighitrv.com
billr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:22 PM   #10
terry and jo

Terry,

What generator did you purchase? I feel sometimes that I need to get one also. There has only been a few times that one has been needed since we started full timing, but when you need it..........you need it.

Joe

Joe,

Several years ago, we purchased a Honda EU3000IS generator. It was purchased because we always went camping where there were no hookups. It is one that has what is called and "Eco" switch in that when activated, the generator runs as a lower speed and a lot quieter, but will kick up in speed when under a load.

It has electric start as well as a pull rope starter. The biggest drawback to it is that it weighs roughly 150 lbs. When we begin to travel, it will be carried in the back of our truck

The only other real drawback to it is that being a gasoline engine, at higher altitudes it runs richer on fuel and thus fouls the spark plug.

It is enough to run one air conditioner, but if I ever want to run both, I'll have to buy another and "slave" them together. If one didn't need a generator a lot, the Honda 2000's work good and weigh an lot less. Plus, two of those can be "slaved" to double the voltage and amperage as well.

I've heard good reports for both the Honda and Yamaha generators. I don't know about any of the others.

Terry
Terry's Smugmug Site
Old 11-15-2011, 09:46 PM   #11
Joezilla

Terry,

I've heard good things, like you, about both Honda and Yamaha. I will probably start out with either a Honda 2000 or the equivalent Yamaha, then pick up another one to parallel with later. We don't boondock much, but might do more of it with a generator or two.

Joe
Joezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:16 AM   #12
Cheif 2

I used two Honda 2000 paralelled when we traveled out west and Alaska summer of 2010. They work very well and most of the time I just used one generator. Look at Craigs list and pawn shops for the Hondas. I bought both of mine, one with the paralell set up for the price of just one EU 2000 new. Good luck!