Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2011, 09:40 PM   #1
mcfarlak

Electronic Toilet

I need everyone's help again... The flush ball in our electronic toilet will not close completely. If I move the ball manually ( I use a paint stick) to the closed position it will stay but if I flush electrically the ball closes only about 95 %. I have sprayed wd40 thinking this might help but it did not. Any suggestions?

mcfarlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:45 PM   #2
RodeWorthy

Dometic Concerto toilet ball will not close electrically

Hi Ken,
I am going to presume you have the Dometic Sealand Concerto Model 4400 toilet with a wall switch for flushing and adding water.

Did you receive an Owner's Manual for this product? I am having trouble finding an on-line source to direct you to. My manual is titled:
Sealand Gravity Discharge Toilet Owner's Manual -- Sealand 4300, 4400 Series All-Ceramic Toilets.

There is an assembly diagram and a parts list included with this manual as well as a troubleshooting section.

Symptom 9: Flush ball will not close completely
Condition: Component adjustment required or defective component.

Possible causes:
Cam switch needs adjustment. Adjustment procedures for for flush ball under- over- travel on page 16;
Cam switch is defective. Replacement instruction page 17;
Rotor shaft cam is loose or defective. Replacement instructions page 17;
Drive linkage worn. Replacement instructions page 17.

If you do not have manual it is hard to follow the operation and adjustment. Send me a PM and I will scan my manual and email you a copy. Be sure to enclose an email address to send it to.

I suspect you may need to adjust the cam switch and/or ball alignment. You will have to remove the toilet from the floor to access the components. You need to turn off the water and disconnect electrical power to the toilet (pull the fuse). The manual suggests turning the toilet upside down so be sure to remove the access lid and drain water from bowl first.

If you are still with me and want to proceed you are going to need that manual. If you have found yours you can follow the instructions on page 16.

'07 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #3910
Mor/ryde IS, Trailersaver TS3 hitch
Level-Up with Remote Control
4 x 135W Solar Panels, Outback Controller, 4 x 6V batteries, Xantrex Inverter/Charger
'08 Chevy 3500 dually Duramax/Allison
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote