Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2009, 12:11 PM   #1
jaoneil

Leaded glass window replacement for the door

Hi to all: During our travels this winter, I have seen many trailer, fifth-wheels, etc with the leaded glass (probably plastic) replacement windows in their doors. Last year at the rally, there was a guy who was selling them. He sold out right away, so I didn't get a chance to buy one. He said he bought them from someone in Quartzite AZ. We went through Quartzite but didn't see any of the windows for sale. If the seller is reading this, are you going to the rally in Goshen? I really want one of those windows.

Does anyone else know where I can get these or can I order one over the internet? Thanks

SOITC Charter Members #1493
jaoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:22 PM   #2
2blackdogs

I just made one with palm trees for ours. I've been doing stained glass for about a year now. It's like putting a jigsaw puzzle together.
I also seen the ones at rvstainedglass.com in person and they are real nice.
Good luck.
Bob

Trailer Saver hitch
www.mytripjournal.com/elitesuitestravels
IN GOD WE TRUST
2blackdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:36 PM   #3
Red Ram

Here is another web site offering door windows.

http://www.rvupgradestore.com/index....OD&ProdID=1932
Old 03-24-2009, 06:29 PM   #4
BobW

If your in the Yuma area, go into Los Algogones Mexico. There is two places that will do it for you. The one just left of the main corner does it but very expencive. The other is a very nice guy named Luis Salguera. He has a little shop just past the corner outside the mall. Example, we needed a window stain glass 78 x 20 inches wide. The first bid was over $1000, luis is doing the same thing for $400. We will be picking it up next week. You can also get stained glass windows for you entry door there. Any more info, just ask.
2007 M2 Freightliner
2005 Wrangler
In a land of the blind, the one eyed guy is king.
BobW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:46 PM   #5
jaoneil

Thanks for all the replies. Vicki replied that the guy will be at the Goshen rally. We will be arriving early, so I will be sure to choose my window quickly. Hopefully we will all get our windows. I loved the hummingbird one from last year. We are looking forward to the Goshen rally. There are already about 70 units confirmed and more signing up. See you there. Henry and Judy
Old 03-25-2009, 05:24 AM   #6
2blackdogs

Just a note on installation. FYI
I have the silkscreened windows and did not want to do away with it on the door. I used a very small bead of silicone around the edge of stained glass and I have the new window protected from the elements with the original window. I just screwed the old window frame back on.
I didn't think it was going to work but it did.
Bob
Trailer Saver hitch
www.mytripjournal.com/elitesuitestravels
IN GOD WE TRUST
2blackdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:13 AM   #7
kmosher6

Glass window

Our friends had what we thought was an etched glass design in their window, it was a palm tree that looked gorgeous. We thought they had it done in Mexico. We found out it was just a plastic decal for under $20. We bought one and we get so many compliments on ours, people are so surprised to hear it is plastic. We got the kopa Peli dancers, when you want to change it, you just put up a different one and save the old one on the backing paper. They have so many different designs and they have border pieces that really make it look real. Check it out. I saw some at the Yuma flea market, we got ours at the Gypsy Journal Rally. So they are all over.
kmosher6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:58 PM   #8
hitchup

Re: Glass window

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmosher6
Our friends had what we thought was an etched glass design in their window, it was a palm tree that looked gorgeous.
Are they like these? http://windowdressingetc.com/decals.htm
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:50 PM   #9
macie

I’m the guy,(Richard Anderson) that had the Leaded Stained Glass at last years Rally in Iowa. Plan on arriving in Goshen by Saturday May 30th. These windows are Leaded glass, No Plastic. Inventory includes Eagles, Flags, Hummingbirds, Cardinals, Lighthouses, Fish, a Golfer, Deer, Harley-Davidson, End of the Trail Indian and some others. Most of these Retail for $250. To $285. My prices at the Suite Life Rally will be less then Half. For those wanting a Professional instillation, Kay & Paul Cross at Indiana Interstate (LaGrange, IN). Agreed to do it for $50. They will have a booth at the Rally.

I plan on donating one window at our last day raffel.

April 3-5 2009 Ginger and I will have a booth at the Wisconsin Deer & Turkey Expo. At the Alliant Energy Center in Madison. We sell knife sharpeners, Custom made Hunting Knives, and I’ll have some windows there.
11 MS 36 RSSB #5770
Level Up, Trail Air Tri-Glider, Straight Line Towing
2013 3500 RAM DRW 2 wheel Drive Lets Roll
macie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:28 PM   #10
jaoneil

Whahoo! Richard will be at the rally. I've already put my order in. I hope I get mine. See you all in Goshen.