Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2005, 11:58 AM   #1
5thwheeler

Inteligain Cellular Amplifier - HUGE SUCCESS!

WOW is all I can say.
We just made a 1700+ mile trip across Wyoming to Id., up through Yellowstone and back through the center of Wy using the booster and only the antenna that comes with the Mobile car kit and the performance was flawless. We had full signal everywhere but the center of the park.
The antenna provided with the kit is only a 3db gain antenna where the trucker antenna is 15db. We had signal where previously we had nothing using this setup and it can only be better with the better antenna.
After more testing we may offer this product for sale through a link on this site to our members at a reduced price - more to come.

5thwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 12:05 PM   #2
boondocker

What model did you use? I looked at their website www.inteligain.com and see they has several different units. Also, how much was it, they said they don't sell directly to the public, only to wholesale to dealers.

boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 01:03 PM   #3
5thwheeler

We have service through Verizon so we ordered the Dual Band DBA8-19 with the Mobil accessory kit ( Carring case, suction cup glass mount antenna, AC/DC adapter, Cigarette lighter adapter).

Here is a link to the brochures

Mobile Accessory Kit www.5thwheelforums.com/pdf/mak.pdf
DBA819 Dual Band Amp. www.5thwheelforums.com/pdf/dba819.pdf

We are waiting on a data cord from Verizon to connect our phone to our laptop to test internet access.

We will also be selling this product on 5thWheelforums.com soon. Inteligain doesn't sell directly to the public and uses an established dealer network.

I didn't want to sell any products on this website but this is just to good & usefull of a product for everyone in the RV world to pass up on.

Review Click Here - http://www.5thwheelforums.com/inteligain1.html
Order / Prices Click Here - http://www.5thwheelforums.com/inteligain_order.html
Old 09-29-2005, 10:48 AM   #4
Stagecoach

Can you tell us how it works. Do I have to be connected to the box or does it repeat the signal from my phone. I live just on the out skirts of coverage and it would be nice if any of the phones my family have could use this device with out having to be physically connected to it. Please let me know. Thanks.

2003 F-350 PSD CC 4.10 DRW 6.0L , Prodigy, CustomFlow TailGate
2004 Mobile Suites 36 RE3 #1188
TT Lake Conroe
2005 Parti Kraft 240 RE4
Stagecoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:25 PM   #5
hitchup

Is this still working well for you?

We are experiencing difficulty at times for Verizon work cell. Am doing my research to see what will give us a boost here in the RVP. Work laptop has Verizon card, which gives erratic usage in RV.

I know order page says it doesn't work on Nextel our personal cells, but already talked to local Nextel dealer & they said to stay away from Sprint hybrids. So am trying to find what will help with mainly Verizon & then possibly with Nextel later on.
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:30 AM   #6
5thwheeler

Yes however.....Motorola bought out Intelligain. Since we were direct with Intelligain we lost our distributor.