Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2006, 09:46 AM   #1
mattebury

What Makes a Jazz Great?

All,

My wife and I are looking to buy either a Jazz 2980BH or a Wildcat 29BHBP. This will be our first 5th wheel. I'm not concerned about weight as the tow vehicle is going to be a one-ton dually diesel. We saw both at the California RV show in Pomona at the beginning of October. We'd like your opinions on why you like your Jazz (quality, floor plan, features, storage, etc.).

Thanks

mattebury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 10:38 PM   #2
MANNYWSPD161

I just recently bought a Jazz and for the money you can't beat what you get. It's not what I would live in full time but for 4-5 day camps it's perfect. The quality is great and the standard options are what most charge extra for.

Old 11-06-2006, 10:42 PM   #3
MANNYWSPD161

I just recently bought a Jazz and for the money you can't beat what you get. It's not what I would live in full time but for 4-5 day camps it's perfect. The quality is great and the standard options are what most charge extra for.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:59 PM   #4
J&K

New Jazz

Just purchased a 2007 Jazz 3070UK with rear galley and two slides. Since this is the first RV we've owned with slides, can anyone tell me about the value of slide toppers? It seems like a good idea, but does anyone know if they're worth the price? We're looking forward to our first "shakedown" trip coming up later in December. We'll keep you posted!
J&K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:54 PM   #5
MANNYWSPD161

SLIDE TOPPERS ARE WELL WORTH IT. WITHOUT THEM YOU'LL DRAG IN ALL THE DEBRIS FROM TREES AND STUFF. IF YOU'RE NOT CAMPING AROUND ALOT OF TREES PROBABLY NOT A BIG DEAL.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:09 PM   #6
JazzMan

Hello all... I havewn't been around for a bit but, on the topper issue, let me say as a 29 year RV technician - they are the very first option I put on every unit I own and, I also recommend to all of my customers that they also use them.

In short, they work. Up here in Canada in winter (not here anymore winters) you really need it for melting snow and ice too. Where our trailer is located now (Aguanga - Temecula CA) we had a microburst blow through. All the folks without toppers were drenched.

Hey, by the way... lets try and get this site revved up a bit. It's about the only place on the web for Jazz owners. Encourage those Jazz owners you meet to join in!!!

Tony Thomas
RVMD Mobile RV Service
2006 Jazz 2870UK 06 GMC DMax
Old 12-19-2006, 12:35 PM   #7
MANNYWSPD161

HOW MANY THINGS WERE WRONG WITH YOUR UNIT

WHEN I FIRST PICKED MY JAZZ UP I WAS SURPRISED TO FIND SO MANY THINGS WRONG. THEY WERE JUST LITTLE THINGS BUT STILL A BRAND NEW UNIT, COME ON.....PAN PACIFIC RV IN SACRAMENTO FIXED MOST EVERYTHING AND HAD TO ORDER SOME THINGS BUT I WAS WONDERING IF THIS WAS COMMON OR WAS I THE ONLY ONE THAT WAS SURPRISED.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:41 PM   #8
JazzMan

Sorry to hear about your problems but, I'm glad to hear they made it right. That's the problem in the whole RV industry (much like many areas in society today) that people have lost interest or caring in many ways. Personally, I find many of my customers have had similar experiences even with large, high-line coaches like Monaco's and Country Coaches. It really comes down to the individual coach and the delivering dealer and service department.

Many of the "low price point" coaches and trailers are just awful in the quality control department. Many of these mass produced, low end units are being bought by folks with absolutely no idea how to even turn a screwdriver, let alone understanding their travel trailer's systems.

I think some real education is needed for the entire RV industry and for those new buyers. I've often commmented that a night school course for new RV owners would be a great after work program.

Anyways, thanks for your feedback and be sure to get more Jazz owners to join in. There's power in numbers!

Tony
Old 12-29-2006, 12:29 AM   #9
rd&gj

Re: What Makes a Jazz Great?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattebury
All,

My wife and I are looking to buy either a Jazz 2980BH or a Wildcat 29BHBP. This will be our first 5th wheel. I'm not concerned about weight as the tow vehicle is going to be a one-ton dually diesel. We saw both at the California RV show in Pomona at the beginning of October. We'd like your opinions on why you like your Jazz (quality, floor plan, features, storage, etc.).

Thanks
We, too, were looking at either the Jazz 2550 model or a Wildcat of the same size. We had looked for over a year and attended an RV show (three days in a row) to compare the units ~ we even traveled another 30 miles, as the 2550 model was not featured at the show. Hands down, it was the Jazz that stood out in every aspect. We really felt there was attention to detail in the Jazz and overall quality was much higher.

We ended up with the 2870UK for the extra space and storage. It was one of the few coaches that had so much kitchen counter and we love the two rockers, along with the hide-a-bed couch, rather than the fold down type in the smaller units ~ and the furniture looked & felt more residential than in other units. The cabinetry throughout is beautiful (maple; & maple wood trim around the counters) solid, not flimsy. The air conditioner is an upgrade, along with the furnace (both on remote control), not to mention the bigger refrigerator, fresh water tank of 56 gals., two gray water tanks at 40 gals each and of course a black tank of the same size.

There are many other features, just too numerous to list, that are standard on the Jazz. But all the little extras were just a bonus, as it was the way the unit was put together ~ you felt someone took pride in it.
We love our Jazz
Pullrite Super Glide - under mount, 16K; Prodigy
rd&gj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 12:52 PM   #10
J&K

Back to the slide topper issue: Venture Out in Bakersfield where we purchased our Jazz told us they would not recommend toppers for our particular unit because of the design shape. Because the top of the Jazz slopes down in the front (above the bedroom) and because of the window above the slide in the living area, they felt there would not be enough room to mount the toppers and that it might detract from look. Has anyone else had this challenge and do you have suggestions?

J&K is offline   Reply With Quote