Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2017, 10:34 AM   #1
Josh

Best place to sell 2013 Landmark Grand Canyon

Looking to sell 2013 Heartland Landmark Grand Canyon.
Camper

Like new, lightly lived in. Custom exterior paint. 3 Mega Slides with slide and unit covers. All parts working. Recently serviced. Full size refrigerator with ice maker. Automatic leveling system with controller. Washer/Dryer (2 in 1) in Bedroom. Camper King with underbed storage. Built-in vacuum system. Full pantry and storage in staircase. 2 new leather recliners and matching queen pull-out couch with storage underneath. Electric Fireplace and 2 AC units. Microwave/Convection oven and separate oven with gas range cook top (2, 30lb propane tanks). Automatic venting. Furnace and 12 gal hot water heater. Wheel covers, camper cover and complete hitch included.

Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 04:22 PM   #2
Rockyhud

Hey Josh, when I was searching for our rig I predominantly used RVTrader.com and RVT.com for searches covering multiple brands and types of RVs. As we had decided to buy DRV, I also used Rolling Retreats and Whiskey Mountain RV websites, but those are pretty much exclusively DRV listings. Another that I found is RVOnline.com, although it didn't have nearly as many listings as the first two and as such may not be as highly utilized by the RV buying public at large. Good luck in your selling effort. Sounds like a nice unit.

2011 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5509
Rockyhud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 06:43 PM   #3
Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyhud View Post
Hey Josh, when I was searching for our rig I predominantly used RVTrader.com and RVT.com for searches covering multiple brands and types of RVs. As we had decided to buy DRV, I also used Rolling Retreats and Whiskey Mountain RV websites, but those are pretty much exclusively DRV listings. Another that I found is RVOnline.com, although it didn't have nearly as many listings as the first two and as such may not be as highly utilized by the RV buying public at large. Good luck in your selling effort. Sounds like a nice unit.
Thank you so much.
Old 12-20-2017, 07:25 PM   #4
Stripit

Send a message via AIM to Stripit Send a message via MSN to Stripit Send a message via Yahoo to Stripit
When we decided on picking up a older Class C, I searched Craig's List for towns within 150 miles of my home. I only searched private owners not dealers, and got to look at a few worn out rigs, but found the very clean, lightly used one about 60 miles away we bought on the spot. People looking I think would like to hunt close to their home. Craig's list is free and might find you a buyer in your own neighborhood?
1991 Avanti Conv
Stripit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 05:21 AM   #5
Notanlines

Josh, two things. You didn't mention a price, nor did you give anyone a hint as to the RV's location. I've noticed over the years that people and businesses failing to supply prices are normally trying to hide said price. Might as well get it out in the open on the front end.
Notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:51 AM   #6
Josh

Thank you!
Old 12-21-2017, 10:34 AM   #7
Rockyhud

Stacey's inclusion of craigslist is also good idea. It has LOTS of geographical areas covered and it's free. The main thing you need to remember is your ad only lasts 45 days before it's automatically deleted. If you want/need to keep it running you simply submit the ad again.

When I started my search for RVs, I started using rvtrader.com predominantly and set the search parameters for nation wide. A little while later I found a way to expand the search area for craigslist to nation wide as well. Typically, when you open craigslist in your browser, you'll automatically get directed to the local area. However, you can expand the search results using this method - follow your search word or words with "site: craigslist.org" (without quotes). This will focus the search for information on Craigslist and all of its subdomains. I found several in far away cities that caught my interest that I otherwise wouldn't have known about.

I know you were asking for BEST place to sell, so if I was a seller I wouldn't overlook craigslist. Most potential buyers finding your RV ad in craigslist are likely to be somewhat local to the listing area, but others may know to use the "trick" above and find your ad from afar and turn out being the buyer you're hoping for. I searched several months for ours, and although the RV we bought was listed on RV Trader and not on craigslist, it had the right combination of size, floor plan, price, etc., that we were willing to drive 2100+ miles to check it out and eventually buy it. So, the point is, you never know where your buyer will come from - could be close or could be from far away.
2011 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5509
Rockyhud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 06:01 PM   #8
wingnut60
Site Team

Another vote for RVTrader--they have by far the easiest search filters for a looker to use.
And LOTS of pictures, many as possible from all angles inside/outside. Clean up interior--no clutter, no personal items laying about.
I found my old Suites replacement on RVT, knowing exactly what I was looking for. CL is very good also for the lower-priced used units, not so much for higher-end ones. But lots of dealers use CL also.
Selling anything on the internet is basically a marketing situation--make your ad look better than the average ad and you'll get more lookers to read thru the details.

2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
for sale, heartland, landmark, truck and trailer