Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2010, 12:10 PM   #21
Vern

Thanks for the picture Ron. I knew what a unistrut was but I was not clear on what you used to get the proper mounting spacing. Did you fabricate the bracket, that is mounted to the frame/floor pan? It looks like there are only mounting bolts on the one end ??

Thanks again, Vern

Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:44 PM   #22
jas24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGordon
Vern, here is the unistrut clamp and manual 3 inch sewer that was added to my system. This finally stabilized the entire system and have had no more broken pipe fittings or leaks. Hope the attached pictures comes through. You had requested a picture!
Ron,

Does the manual valve need to be mounted at an angle? Looks like in the pic that it is up at a slight angle. You did a nice job on the fix for the drain. Thinking this is probably something that I am going to need to do.
Also, can you use standard 3" black elbows and couplers on the drain?

Thanks,

06 F-350 Lariat 4x4 V-10 CC SRW LB
06 Mobile Suites 36CK3
jas24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #23
RGordon

First of all, the unistrut can be purchased at any electrical supply along with the clamp. I just trimed one end so that it would lay sideways and used 1/4" zip screws into the frame, then zip screwed the second piece to the frame mounted piece pointing it downward, then secured with conduit clamp. Two short pieces was the right spacing between frame and 3 inch pipe. The 3 inch black piping is just standard schedule 40 pvc and purchased fittings at our rv dealer. The 3 inch manual valve could be mounted in any position, but just placed it in that position for easy access. It really don't matter if the grey or black water valves hold because the manual will take care of it. I really got tired of sudden surprises.
2007 Mobile Suite 38RL3 #3698
RGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:15 AM   #24
Vern

I understand how you did it now. It did not dawn on me that the top part was a piece of unistrut on it's side because of the way you trimmed it. That is going to my next mod. Thanks Ron.

Later, Vern
Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:43 AM   #25
jas24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGordon
First of all, the unistrut can be purchased at any electrical supply along with the clamp. I just trimed one end so that it would lay sideways and used 1/4" zip screws into the frame, then zip screwed the second piece to the frame mounted piece pointing it downward, then secured with conduit clamp. Two short pieces was the right spacing between frame and 3 inch pipe. The 3 inch black piping is just standard schedule 40 pvc and purchased fittings at our rv dealer. The 3 inch manual valve could be mounted in any position, but just placed it in that position for easy access. It really don't matter if the grey or black water valves hold because the manual will take care of it. I really got tired of sudden surprises.
Thanks for your help Ron. Something else I need to do in the near future.
Have not had a problem yet with the valves not holding, but am sure that'll be next.......lol

06 F-350 Lariat 4x4 V-10 CC SRW LB
06 Mobile Suites 36CK3
jas24 is offline   Reply With Quote