Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2008, 03:28 AM   #21
Texan

We'll probably use ours quite a bit at first while moving from one house to another, then mostly for vacations. But having just retired, we have a growing list of wish trips.

Thanks for the suggestions. You have certainly done some interesting mods. I was not aware the factory would work with you to that extent. You mentioned upgraded wiring for solar. Can you elaborate a little?

Thanks again for the advise.

Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 03:38 AM   #22
Texan

Hi Bernie and Lynn

Your suite sounds very nice. Pictures and suggestions would be appreciated. Now that we have a truck, we're a lot closer to getting a suite on the road..

Thanks

Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:49 AM   #23
berghild

Send a message via AIM to berghild
hello

i have to take some pictures...all the relatiaves on the east coast have not seen it yet....i will do that this weekend
the factory will make the changes.....our problem at first was finding an area sales rep that would approve them....maybe by now they have got up to speed.
the solar prep i think was #6 wire instead of the 10 that comes with it....#10 is heavy enough. if you post on the forum I am sure Rodeworthy will come on and answer that one for sure.
Our biggest modifaication was havin gthe BIG FOOT leveling installed. THere is al lot about those on the forum. We DO NOT abuse them by cranking them up and twisting the frame...but they were worth every penny...one button and you're done.
If I had it done again i would order the track lighting wired but not installed..it would have given us more options when replacing the track lighting. we took out the standard white with canister bullet lights...and replaced it with a bronze track with blown glass fixtures.
we also replaced the celing fan with a small one that hugs the ceiling but has better pitch and 5 blades and therefore moves more air.
Our second air also has a heat pump but I don't think I would go to the extra expense with that if I had it to do over. The heat pump comes with another 15000 air and we don't need that and the downstair heat pump will drift upstairs or i would go back to using a small space heater while showering if needed.
Our china cabinet is really deep..i think 24 inches...and averytime tht you wanted something in the back I would have to empty the front. So I had a cabinet guy come out and install sliding shelves...4 of them...that are adjustable heights. It is really awesome.
we ordered the oak interior even though the maple is so pretty...just because if we wanted any wood accessories, it would be easier to match.
we still havn't finshed with decorating because we haven't emptied our storage..but we WILL slow down and get that done this Fall.
we are packing up to move our of the Sierras today so I will do the pics when we get to Mt. Shasta.
EDGE CHIP,exhaust brake,ATS tranny, ATS turbo, AFE sir filter
ETC
2008 36TK3 ES3917/no granite
berghild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:46 AM   #24
hitchup

Re: We're serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan
Took delivery of a 2008 Larime Mega cab today. Need a 32 Mobile Suites to go with it. 2008 or 2009 with most options (especially side to side) is our objective but not the goal post. Any suggestions?
I'd suggest ordering a 2009, especially after touring the factory and seeing the changes for standards and options. Kent at DRV suggested 2 dealerships that are best at taking custom orders. Luckily, we are near one and used it when we ordered ours. We're hoping to pick it up in another 3 weeks. Can hardly wait!
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:50 AM   #25
berghild

Send a message via AIM to berghild
wire

number 10 wire is Not heavy enough I meant
EDGE CHIP,exhaust brake,ATS tranny, ATS turbo, AFE sir filter
ETC
2008 36TK3 ES3917/no granite
berghild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:35 PM   #26
lynn1952

Hi Texan
Ihave tried to attach pics but my technical expertise isn't working. I am being told that my mailbox is full . . . .? If you would like to e-mail me directly, I will send pics right back to you. My e-mail is mruzonsesame@neb.rr.com.

Thanks,
Lynn
Old 09-23-2008, 08:47 AM   #27
Motor31

Berghild,

We have the single downstairs heat pump. The single unit is not enough to heat the entire trailer as it can't get the "upstairs" warm. The heat pump blower is on low (lower than the AC setting on auto) as any higher and it is too much airflow for the heat output. If I had it to do again I'd get dual heat pumps instead of the single heat pump and second AC unit. The heat pump saves us TONS on propane. The down side of the pump is that it doesn't handle cold below 40 degrees very well and it gets a bit cool until the furnace finally kicks in at freezing or below outside.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 02:50 PM   #28
wecandiggett

USED 36

tEXAS WE HAVE A 36 TK3 2004 ON EBAY i KNOW YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A 32 BUT AT THE PRICE YOU MAY BE ABLE TO GET A NEW TRUCK . i AM SELLING MY 5TH WHEEL AND TRUCK FOR LESS THAN YOU CAN BUY THE FIFTH WHEEL.

charter member
wecandiggett is offline   Reply With Quote