Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2008, 11:02 AM   #1
Marks mobile suite

How to activate speakers while watching TV?

Guys, just bought a 05 Doubletree Mobile suites with very little manual info. The previous owner cant help. The suites has a Sound PKG with Sony FS. We get sound out of all the speakers while playing a music or movie cd. Just cant figure out how to turn on all the speakers while watching Dish satalite tv.

Thanks for any help. I'm sure its simple and I just cant see it. It seems were learning something new daily.

:D

05 RE3
07 BMW K1200 GT
Home Jenks, OK
Marks mobile suite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:27 PM   #2
Marks mobile suite

Well, the 05's wont do that per the plant

05 RE3
07 BMW K1200 GT
Home Jenks, OK
Old 07-01-2008, 06:25 PM   #3
keithandpenne

On our 05 with the factory supplied Sony equipment, I have to go to the menu, select audio, go to options, select speaker and set to off. This causes the TV to provide a fixed output to the amplifier.

Turn on the Sony amplifier, select video 2 for the TV output and adjust the volume to suit. To have sound from all speakers, you will have to play with the various functions until you get the sound the way you like it. Some stations broadcast in surround and some only in stereo.

To get sound from other inputs, DVD, VCR or other AV equipment, you will need to experiment. I use the AV jacks on the front of the TV to provide a input source from my laptop and have the sound come out through the amplifier and surround speakers.

You can also make several adjustments from the menu setup on the amplifier.

Hope that helps.
keithandpenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:07 PM   #4
Marks mobile suite

Thanks Keith, I've tried it and I cant get it to work. Wonder why the guy at the Doubletree plant said it wouldn't work on an 05, maybe my model, a RE3 has something to do with it. Seems crazy that the speakers work with CD/DVD, but not through regular TV. Oh Well.

Thanks again, Mark

05 RE3
07 BMW K1200 GT
Home Jenks, OK
Old 07-01-2008, 11:13 PM   #5
rdunk

Mark, play with it a little more. What Keith said is how to do it. I also have an 05 RE3, and that is how I get mine to work. I don't use the surround very much, but when I do, it is:

1. "Start by turning the tv speakers to "off" - using the Sony TV control, go to "menu"/music notes box/speakers/off, as Keith said.

2. Turn on the two boxes that make up the "audio/video control center".

3. Hit the video 2 button on the primary a/v box.

4. Hit the "music" button, or the "2 ch" button on the smaller a/v box.

5. Hit the "speakers" button on the smaller av box, to turn on the desired surround speakers

6. Using the Sony A/V control, adjust the sound as you like. Using the "music" button, you also can vary the type of sound, concert hall, jazz, etc.

I just did mine again, and that is how mine works. It is working now. The only thing I changed on the tv is to turn the speakers to off. Of course, don't forget to turn the tv speakers back on, if you turn the surround sound off, and then want to watch tv. With the surround speakers on, you must use the a/v control for all sound changes - volume changes/etc.

Is your RE surround sound wired the same as mine??? Who knows.

Mark, if you do get it to work, don/t feel bad. Most of us have gone through the very same thing on the A/V that you are going through right now.

Good luck!!!

Robert and Carlene

2005 RE3, S/N 2107 (sold Jan. 2010)
rdunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 04:15 AM   #6
Huck

Send a message via ICQ to Huck
I use a S-video jack from the rear of the satelite box to the rear of the TV.

Then when I put the the reciever on video2 it gets its signal from the RCA jacks that run from the rear of the TV to the receiver.

I hope this makes sence.
2005 RE3 MS #2163
2006 F-350 CC 4X4
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:49 PM   #7
2 DA WDS

I'm not at the camper now but. I ran the RCA plugs from the satellite box to one of the inputs on the back of the stereo. Theres about 5 connections back there to match the little silver buttons on the front. I removed the dvd/cd player and was able to turn the stereo over to look at the back of it. It has an impressive array of inputs and outputs and a less than stellar instruction booklet. When you cas see the back the controls on the front make more sense. It also has an input for optical audio. I bought a cable but haven't hooked it up yet. I also saw an input for coax but haven't had a chance to play with it either. So far I haven't been able to get the surround sound AND the sub-woofer on at the same time either.
I also bought a Harmony 520 universal remote to run everything. Well worth the money.
2011 RAM Cummins 3500 Dually
2 DA WDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 02:31 AM   #8
Jack in Alaska

I have been trying to do this on my 2004 RE3 w/o success. THat wire mess behind all of the electronics is overwhelming.
I will be watching this thread anxiously to get some help. The new flat screen TV did not help out either.

Start Out Each Day Real Easy.......Then Taper Off
Jack in Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 08:57 AM   #9
ponch

Send a message via AIM to ponch Send a message via MSN to ponch
Robert hit it right on the head.

Everyone should print this out as this is
how you get it to work.

If this does not work then it because of the wiring hook up.

Mobile Suites 2005 36CK3 #2307 w/ auto levelers/ phase 2
Air Safe Hitch
HD TV in the basement and living room and bedroom
HD MOTO SAT Auto Ant on roof
pressure pro
ponch is offline   Reply With Quote