Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2005, 04:21 PM   #1
destin100

Sunnybrook 30RKFS

Hi.
I ordered my rig 11/1 and will be taking del on Feb 6th 2006, (I caddy on the LPGA Tour and will be RVing in 06)
I bought 1 honda 2000 (dont need the 2nd yet) and a aux fuel tank from wisesales.com for $1005 and no shipping.
I am BRAND NEW to RVing so if anyone has any advice I would appreicate the input.
I will be overnighting most every Sunday night (going from event to event) I plan to keep my genny in the rear of my PUand secure it with a chain. A few questions..... I will have a cover for the genny how would you secure that in the PU from the wind (told you I was a newbie) or is ok for it to get rained on....Also I will be running it just to watch TV and cook so I dont think there will be aproblem with fumes.. Another I am gonna get 2 6 volt batteries and the dealer willl put them . I just heard that there may not be room for the 6 volts... The only time I would be using the battery is in the morning before I continue for lights and maybe a radio.. I am thinking just the 1 12 V would be ok???.I got the More Ryde pin bow and I am instaling Timbrens on my F 250 this week..Some people (especially over at opentroads forum) freak out re weight. The peoplw at Sunnybrooktalk.com and Eric at the factory say my ride is fine ( not gonna change it anyway) any input on this??
Also is there anyone who has lived in a 30RKFS maybe can give me more insight.....
My email is destin100@aol.com...As you can probably see I have a lot of time on my hands ...But i am really looking foreard to RVing

Thanks

Tom Grogan

destin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 09:59 AM   #2
CampingCaptain

Send a message via AIM to CampingCaptain Send a message via Yahoo to CampingCaptain
Hi Tom,
Welcome to the wonderful world of RV'ing. The only comment I have is to be careful when running the gennie if you are hooked up as it may be possible for fumes to enter the living space.

Which of the players do you caddy for. I am a recreational golfer who watches the PGA, Senior PGA, LPGA, Nationwide, and European tours. A real golf junkie I guess you could say.
Vietnam Era Veteran
Proud parents of a US Marine
Retiring in 2007 and planning to go full-time
CampingCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote