Notices

Old 07-09-2019, 09:09 PM   #11
ddubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchop View Post
I don't know about Alpine, and apparently you don't know about DRV, but they do use coroplast at the factory. And it comes in 8' wide X as long as you need. Like I said, that's for DRV, not Alpine.

Bill
The original statement mentioned a " heavy tar type paper". That to me does not sound like Coroplast. So, excuse the hell out of me not knowing DRV.

Old 07-14-2019, 02:37 PM   #12
Shortline1

After I started taking screws out & more tape loose I figured out it is coroplast.

Shortline1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 05:05 PM   #13
stanleyz

I had to cut an opening in mine and had a hard time resetting it. As best I can tell there are steel cross members every 10 feet or so. I considered running supports on the bottom of the coroplast from front to rear and taking some of the weight off the factory screws. As it turned out I got everything sealed and re-screwed to my satisfaction and didn't do it. My final thought was L shaped metal strips like they sell in hardware stores. They come in strips at least 10 feet and I could probably find longer ones if I looked. Secured to the cross members they should support the coroplast well. One row each side of center was what I had in mind. Like I said this is all conceptual and I did not do it but I do think it would be easier, cheaper and a lot less time consuming than going to Indiana for a re-fit on my 15 year old trailer.