Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2007, 03:53 PM   #1
2 DA WDS

Optional Awning on Slide

Has anyone installed the awning on the curb side slide. None of the RV dealers around here want to bother with it. I have put one on a TT before that already had the mounting track on it. Does anybody know what the requirements are for properly mounting the track?

2011 RAM Cummins 3500 Dually
2 DA WDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:00 PM   #2
jdwilson3

Dinette Slide Awning

Tom, we ordered ours with the dinette awning.

If you want to tackle the job, I can certainly give you exact measurements for placing the brackets, etc, and take photos if needed.

Old 09-17-2007, 05:35 PM   #3
sigo'suite

I just had one installed by United RV Center in Ft. Worth not quite two weeks ago.

Very simple install, including the awning drip rail. This is an A&E awning with the weather shield so that it matches the weather pro awning on the coach. I opted to go with the new style awning arms, the old style was the same price.

Here are part numbers for you:

1 ea. 811EA11.400B 8500 Plus W/SLT 11' (Fawn in color)
1 ea. 8485000.401B awning hardware (Polar White)
1 ea. 45052 awning drip rail-pw 12' in length * (Polar White)

*This drip rail installs right up against the underneath of the trim piece at the top of the slide and runs from inside edge to inside edge of the vertical trim pieces on the slide. Installed that way makes the arms hit just below the narrow horizontal trim piece toward the bottom of the slide. I called and verified the positioning of hardware with Kent at DT.

Camping World gave me a price, but without install. They said they would not install it because of liability issues? Didn't make a difference anyways as their price was higher even without labor.
Another local dealer was $400 dollars higher

The wife loves it. Therefore I am happy!!

Hope this helps. Fly the flag in support of our troops.
sigo'suite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:26 AM   #4
2 DA WDS

OK, couple of items I failed to mention. I have an RE3, the slide is 14' long. I think all the other models have 12'10" slides. I also have slide toppers and the brackets mount at the bottom of the top trim. According to the factory I 'should' have a 12'6" awning part # 858EA44.150-B1 but I think the topper mounts will be in the way. I think I'll do some more measuring this weekend.

Sigo'Suite I think your numbers might work if it will be wide enough for the arms to clear the windows.
2011 RAM Cummins 3500 Dually
2 DA WDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 04:43 PM   #5
sigo'suite

Tom, You are correct because mine is a TK3 and the overall length of the slideout is 12'10"; windows are exactly 10' out to out of the trim.

The slide out toppers should be no problem if they are mounted like mine which is: at the very bottom of the top trim piece, as you say. No part of the awning, or the support arms comes any higher than the bottom of that trim piece.

Now it is just a matter of determining the proper awning length for your application, I would think. The drip rail is simply cut to proper length from stock lengths.

Glad to be of help.
sigo'suite is offline   Reply With Quote