Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2007, 10:21 PM   #1
HighwayRanger

New Horizons Info Needed

Hello All, I asked that this category be added because I would like to find out more about New Horizons fifth-wheels. I occasionally come across someone on a thread who has one, either here or at the Escapees forum, but not many.

If you have experience with this product, can you let me know what you think? Fit, finish, reliability, durability, etc. Are they able to provide full-body paint yet? That kind of thing!

Any info would help!

Thanks!

2016 DRV 38RSB3, MorRyde IS and MorRyde Pin Box
HighwayRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 02:15 AM   #2
Cummins-n-gray

New Horizons info

We've been researching to replace our old, Excel 5er -- just gave a deposit to Phil (the CEO), as he had all the right answers (and he SHOWED us, on the show models). They are a custom-build unit, but NOW they do the "5 Star" models (which are a collection of floor plans that save on the custom design aspect), which saves you some $$$ (about 12%)... they are THE CADILAC of the tow-ables (5w & TT), not too heavy for my Dodge Cummins 2500 (if I keep it shorter than 35'), which we did,,, just barely.

They have a GREAT story, both personal and business; also, they are the only 5-star RV in the rv.org database of over 40,000 5ers! NOTE: They are pricey, so you'd better know what you want in your new RV.

We wanted short unit for lots of hauling (ie, boondocking & trekking), plus alot of full-time kinda camping, AND temps from 0-100 degrees. They have fiberglass roof, you can even walk on the slides; insulation properties are huge, including the floors of the slideouts! (Most others don't insulate the slide!)

HTH!

_Don