Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2019, 01:22 PM   #21
MTK46

Welcome Srosa. This is also my first DRV. I had a 2003 Teton bought new & had until 2017. So I was looking for a 5th wheel that compared. My Teton interior looked as good as my 2011 DRV does. Frame & brakes is where the DRV shines over the Teton.
As my 2011 was built before Thor bought them out. I've read about others with leaks on the vanity slide. Mine has no leaks at all. I'm very happy with my older DRV. Also got it for $10k-20k less than anothers of the same year.

2011 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3 #5556
2017 F-350 CC 6.7 diesel dually, Banks Derringer tuner with super gauge
MTK46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 04:57 PM   #22
Srosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK46 View Post
Welcome Srosa. This is also my first DRV. I had a 2003 Teton bought new & had until 2017. So I was looking for a 5th wheel that compared. My Teton interior looked as good as my 2011 DRV does. Frame & brakes is where the DRV shines over the Teton.
As my 2011 was built before Thor bought them out. I've read about others with leaks on the vanity slide. Mine has no leaks at all. I'm very happy with my older DRV. Also got it for $10k-20k less than anothers of the same year.
I winter in the Palm Springs area and I’m currently surrounded by more Tetons than I ever knew existed before locating here. They are permanent fixtures though so the old school suspension and brakes don’t matter. Many have been repainted and look brand new.

I’m glad to hear that your pre Thor DRV stays dry and that it’s still making you happy. My wife and I love our orphan Thor DRV so far and I’ll be sure to keep it dry on the inside from here on out. My vanity slide roof actually looks okay. I’ll be keeping a close eye on it though.

Old 03-27-2019, 05:28 PM   #23
MTK46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srosa View Post
I winter in the Palm Springs area and I’m currently surrounded by more Tetons than I ever knew existed before locating here.
I knew how well my Teton held up that's why I bought a coach that was as well built.
So where in the Palm Springs area are you at? I live in Desert Hot Springs so you can't be that far from me.
I will be retiring for the second time come the end of May. Will be getting out of the desert come July for 2 1/2 months. Heading back to South Dakota & Minnesota. Wife is from S.D. & our daughter is in Minnesota. Our first grandchild is due 9/5/19.
2011 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3 #5556
2017 F-350 CC 6.7 diesel dually, Banks Derringer tuner with super gauge
MTK46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 06:54 PM   #24
Srosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK46 View Post
I knew how well my Teton held up that's why I bought a coach that was as well built.
So where in the Palm Springs area are you at? I live in Desert Hot Springs so you can't be that far from me.
I will be retiring for the second time come the end of May. Will be getting out of the desert come July for 2 1/2 months. Heading back to South Dakota & Minnesota. Wife is from S.D. & our daughter is in Minnesota. Our first grandchild is due 9/5/19.
We own a lot at ORPS over in Cathedral City. I’ll be getting out of the desert in three weeks and will move our base back to stick and bricks in the Sacramento area. Congrats about the yet to arrive addition to the family and have a nice trip. Oh and I hope that your second retirement sticks.
-Steve
Old 03-27-2019, 07:25 PM   #25
jlsr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
Love the KitchenAid full size frig, FisherPaykal dish washer and Whirlpool 220V clothes dryer.

Whirlpool clothes washer was a POS and now have a Bosch 500 series 220V.

Suburban cooktop/oven is just OK.
Hi,
What model is your kitchenaid fridge? Also do you know what the dimensions are ? I would like to replace our Samsung RF20 at some point. Love kitchenaid appliances.

Thanks
jlsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 07:00 AM   #26
Cummins12V98

Look the model up for specific dimensions but my actual opening is. 36 1/4 x 70, depth is about 25 1/4.

IMHO we lucked out as they had ran out of Whirlpools and they used KitchenAids for a while. Same exact thing but IMHO the handle style is MUCH nicer.

2015 RAM LongHorn Dually Air ride Aisin 4:10's

2016 MS 39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 04:21 PM   #27
Begger

As the OP of this thread, looks like there’s not an appreciable difference in the “pre Thor” and “post Thor” quality of the DRV’s. Thanks to everyone for the input.
2007 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #3520
"Waitin' for someday..."
Begger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 04:48 PM   #28
porkchop

I believe that is an accurate statement. I know we plan on another soon, so unless something drastic shows up all is go for me.
It would also be an accurate statement that some are never pleased on the outside face they show to others. Never been able to understand that but it does not bother or sway me. If they can put up with my optimism, I can over look their negativity.

Bill
porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 06:59 AM   #29
Begger

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchop View Post
If they can put up with my optimism, I can over look their negativity.

Bill
I understand. My wife says I’m cynical. I say I’m an optimist with experience.
2007 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #3520
"Waitin' for someday..."
Begger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 10:54 AM   #30
porthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Begger View Post
As the OP of this thread, looks like there’s not an appreciable difference in the “pre Thor” and “post Thor” quality of the DRV’s. Thanks to everyone for the input.
Having crawled in, out and under DRV’s over the last 6 years, I’m going to disagree. There are pre and post Thor differences, can’t think of anything that is an improvement.

But odds are good you’ll like your trailer and just be frustrated at times.

The amount of leaks and damage that has proliferated with DRV’s as of late is troubling.
Most of the other issues can be rectified without too much trouble.

Rotten slide floors and roofs .......

Some people just never have a problem and poo poo the rest that do.

Might have been a little guilty of that with our last trailer. 9 seasons of an average of 80-100 + nights a year and it was still a great trailer (2010 Heartland Cyclone)

But it was also a pre-thor trailer.

porthole is offline   Reply With Quote